Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Post Reply
Message
Author
apph
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#1 Post by apph »

Clipjump
Multiple Clipboard Manager and more..

Official Site - http://avi-win-tips.blogspot.in/p/clipjump.html
Autohotkey Topic - http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/91488-
Product Review - http://www.codesarena.com/2013/07/29/clipjump-freeware/
Softpedia Page - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-too ... Jump.shtml
A Multiple-Clipboard management utility for Windows.
Allows you to simultaneously use multiple clipboards like never before. Everything that is transferred to your clipboard will get automatically transferred to the Multiple-Clipboards.
It's fast , it's easy, it's magic.
Features
[*] Unlimited clipboard storage that reside in unlimited clipboard channels
[*] Allows very fast switching between clipboards
[*] Integrated Clipboard History viewer
[*] Stores all kind of Clipboard data from Unicode to Images
[*] Controllable via external source using the cmd+GUI application Controller
[*] .......many more advanced features (see Official Site)

Portable Status-
Totally Portable from v8.4

Contact Author-
plus.google.com/110328513842183229282

EDIT
Vote for it in the DB - http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2523
Last edited by apph on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4151
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Thanks for posting... you should disable the "Run At Start Up" default.

apph
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#3 Post by apph »

I am Baas wrote:Thanks for posting... you should disable the "Run At Start Up" default.
O yes, that's a little place where it touches c:/ drive. I will try to contact the author to see if he likes to disable this default feature. I will also send him the link to this topic.

Do you think the program can qualify for a listing here? It is definitely the best Clipboard utility here available.

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 6364
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Sol3

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#4 Post by Midas »

Nice one, apph. It's almost a perfect clipboard manager out-of-the-box.

A few niggles, though.

- Keyboard shortcuts, can be customized in 'Preferences', but not the one for 'Clipboard History' (Win+C) -- well, that shortcut is already taken in my system by Sizer's center window on screen function and I'd like to keep it so.

- When I tried to switch the default shortcut for 'Select Channel' (CTRL+SHIFT+C) over to 'Copy File Path(s)', the appearance of the Channels dialog prevented me from doing it, so I had to clear the box and restart ClipJump to be able to do so.

- Incognito mode, while a cool moniker is not very intuitive and I had to look it up in the help file; a toggle between 'enable / disable' would be far easier to understand.

- It seems the history windows doesn't retain it's dimensions when resized, reverting to its rather square and small(ish) dimensions upon closing.

- IMHO, the SHIFT+Enter shortcut for the Insta-Paste from the history dialog should be swapped with the isolated Enter used for previewing clips, making working with it more streamlined -- after all copying and pasting is ClipJump first and foremost utility.

- Image copying didn't seem to be working, either via the image file context menu (right click+copy) or ClipJump 'Copy File Data' shortcut -- the best it did was to copy the file path (absolute name).

apph
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#5 Post by apph »

Midas wrote:Nice one, apph. It's almost a perfect clipboard manager out-of-the-box.

A few niggles, though.

- Keyboard shortcuts, can be customized in 'Preferences', but not the one for 'Clipboard History' (Win+C) -- well, that shortcut is already taken in my system by Sizer's center window on screen function and I'd like to keep it so.

- When I tried to switch the default shortcut for 'Select Channel' (CTRL+SHIFT+C) over to 'Copy File Path(s)', the appearance of the Channels dialog prevented me from doing it, so I had to clear the box and restart ClipJump to be able to do so.

- Incognito mode, while a cool moniker is not very intuitive and I had to look it up in the help file; a toggle between 'enable / disable' would be far easier to understand.

- It seems the history windows doesn't retain it's dimensions when resized, reverting to its rather square and small(ish) dimensions upon closing.

- IMHO, the SHIFT+Enter shortcut for the Insta-Paste from the history dialog should be swapped with the isolated Enter used for previewing clips, making working with it more streamlined -- after all copying and pasting is ClipJump first and foremost utility.

- Image copying didn't seem to be working, either via the image file context menu (right click+copy) or ClipJump 'Copy File Data' shortcut -- the best it did was to copy the file path (absolute name).
As I have some experience with Clipjump now, I feel I can discuss some of your questions. Please correct me if I go foolish.

-1> I had send the author mail regarding the Win+C shortcut and he says to add it in the next.

-2> That's a real issue. I too remember getting trapped in there.I will try to report him.

-3> I find Incognito mode perfect, the check is enough for me. I would rather like Clipjump to remember the Incognito mode setting when it is restarted.

-6> I am sure the right click+copy in context menu will copy the file to the system clipboard and not the image structure therein. I would also like to see the 'Copy file data' shortcut to copy images too, currently it seems to copy only text data.
TO COPY IMAGES, right click on image in a browser OR use PrintScreen OR Right Click+Copy in Paint, that's the way Image data is copied to clipboard and so to ClipJump.

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 6364
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Sol3

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#6 Post by Midas »

apph wrote:TO COPY IMAGES, right click on image in a browser OR use PrintScreen OR Right Click+Copy in Paint, that's the way Image data is copied to clipboard and so to ClipJump.
Good to know that, I was lost there. Thank you for considering (and forwarding) my observations. ClipJump really is a nice find -- here's hoping the kinks get ironed out... :mrgreen:

User avatar
avi-aryan
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#7 Post by avi-aryan »

Thanks a ton apph for putting Clipjump here . I must also thank you for the good ideas you have sent me.

@midas
Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts on Clipjump. They are reasonable issues and I will have to consider them.
I will put up a newer version soon, so please feel free to post any issues/ideas.

apph
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#8 Post by apph »

No problem at all.

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 6364
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Sol3

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#9 Post by Midas »

avi-aryan wrote:@midas
Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts on Clipjump. They are reasonable issues and I will have to consider them.
I will put up a newer version soon, so please feel free to post any issues/ideas.
Welcome, avi-aryan, and thanks for taking the time to visit our little corner of the Interwebz. :)

Rest assured, I'll post anything relevant; looking forward for ClipJump next version. :mrgreen:

apph
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#10 Post by apph »

@midas You can follow the Autohotkey topic http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/91488- to stay in touch with the tool.

@avi-aryan Happy to see you here. I am waiting for a newer version hoping you add the feature to name channels
Last edited by apph on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
avi-aryan
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#11 Post by avi-aryan »

@midas
Thanks. There is a new beta version for Clipjump available at http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/9 ... ntry611392
If you are interested, you can try it out. I have used your pointers and corrected the issues you mentioned.

@apph
I have added that feature

User avatar
avi-aryan
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#12 Post by avi-aryan »

v8.4 released
Clipjump Channels now support unique names for channels.
Image File data is now copied with Copy File Data
Exporting and sharing clipboards is now possible via Export feature
Fixed the slow copying in Excel and other possible apps.
History tool is much better now, remembers user's preferences for window positions and sizes and more...
Now possible to completely turn off History recording.
History tool shortcut can now be changed and disabled.
Tons of bug-fixes and minor improvements in all modules.
Fixed hotkeys in Settings Tool
PS - Clipjump is now totally portable, removed the Run at Start up default.

apph
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#13 Post by apph »

great is this new version. The channels name feature is awesome and copy speeds in Excel are also better.

@administarators
I will like this awesome piece of software to be added to the listing. What do you think ?

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 6364
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Sol3

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#14 Post by Midas »

Homepage download link (as well as Softpedia) still pointing to v7.8. ClipJump menu option 'Check for updates' accurately detects a new v8.4, but I can't find any path to download... :(

User avatar
avi-aryan
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#15 Post by avi-aryan »

Midas wrote:Homepage download link (as well as Softpedia) still pointing to v7.8. ClipJump menu option 'Check for updates' accurately detects a new v8.4, but I can't find any path to download... :(
The homepage is http://avi-win-tips.blogspot.in/p/clipjump.html and it clearly shows v8.4.
Softpedia is not owned by me and so I can't say about their listing.

Post Reply