File comment: Instagiffer screenshot
instagiffer.png [ 157.03 KiB | Viewed 4711 times ]
Instagiffer makes it easy to GIF directly from video files and online video sites like Youtube. It’s free, with no advertising or spyware! Make sure you watch the video tutorial and read the FAQ. Take a look at what people are saying, and check out some GIFs made with #instagiffer! Note to Mac users: A beta version is available (requires Lion or higher).
- Create GIFs from anything on your screen…
- or open videos and Youtube URLs directly (comes with built-in Youtube downloader)
- Creates highly optimized but quality GIFs under 1MB in size. Perfect for Tumblr!
- Make cool 2x2 GIF sets (example #2)
- Growing list of effects including sepia tone, oil painting and grayscale
- Add multiple text captions with custom fonts, durations and colors
- Use frame importer to combine two or more videos together
- Create bouncing loops
- Open and edit existing GIF files (handy for captioning / resizing)
- Create GIFs from a collection of static images
For those of you interested in a portable version of Instagiffer that doesn’t require installation, you can obtain it here. Today I learned that there are rogue copies floating around on warez sites (why would someone pirate free software???) that have been created without my consent, so make sure you download it from me.
Unfortunately editing its configuration file (instagiffer.conf) doesn't allow using environment variables (like %TEMP%). I contacted the author if he plans to add this feature, awaiting for response. Specifing relative paths works (e.g. "workingDir=.\Workdir").http://instagiffer.com/http://instagiffer.com/post/55311052721 ... 2-portable