AutoRun LWMenu

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
lwc

Re: AutoRun LWMenu

#61 Post by lwc »

Sorry about that, I've focused so much on multiple symlink entries that it was overlooked for a singular entry (not to mention a specific issue with symlink + skiptobutton - it's a good thing you try various interesting combinations)...

Can you try it in the latest beta?

P.S.
The app you've tried sure doesn't look good in VirusTotal (when scanned without my files)...but luckily all I needed was my program's INF file in order to test.

-ElCoyot-

#62 Post by -ElCoyot- »

So the link is only the source code. There is no AutoRun.zip file.

lwc

#63 Post by lwc »

I meant I entered the 7z file, deleted my own files from it, left only the App folder, then uploaded to VirusTotal and the results are above.

Anyway, how was the latest beta?

-ElCoyot-

#64 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Anyway, how was the latest beta?
I'm telling you: on https://github.com/lwcorp/lwmenu/releases/tag/v1.4.4.4 no AutoRun.zip

lwc

#65 Post by lwc »

Thanks! Looks like you've moved on to bugs in GitHub, fixed. :o Can you try now?
Attachments
upload bug.png
upload bug.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 61268 times

-ElCoyot-

#66 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Can you try now?
All the functions I've tried work great.Thank you.

P.S.
I would also like to add the "run_after" function to run compiled scripts after closing the portable.But this is so "wishlist".

lwc

#67 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:25 pm P.S.
I would also like to add the "run_after" function to run compiled scripts after closing the portable.But this is so "wishlist".
Let's avoid what happened in the past by discussing such matters during the beta period. I'm glad I've waited another couple of days.
If you're again referring to yaP I don't see there a "run_after" function.
How do you envision it? Can you write a dummy [BUTTONX] here? Would it look like:

Code: Select all

[BUTTON1]
buttontext=Notepad
relativepathandfilename=notepad
optionalcommandlineparams=
closemenuonclick=1
run_after=cmd
But if so, wouldn't you also need:

[BUTTON1]
buttontext=Notepad
relativepathandfilename=%windir%\notepad.exe
closemenuonclick=1
run_after=cmd
backuppath_after=.
optionalcommandlineparams_after=
closemenuonclick_after=1
registry_after=...
symlink_after=
etc. etc. etc.? Because it'll never end.
So in that case maybe we can do:

[BUTTON1]
buttontext=Notepad
closemenuonclick=1

[BUTTON1_after]
buttontext=CMD
relativepathandfilename=%windir%\system32\cmd.exe
closemenuonclick=1
Whereas BUTTON1_after won't be visible at all in the menu, but will automatically run after [BUTTON1].

Please share your thoughts because maybe you think about something else altogether.
And BTW, why do you need to run anything after? Doesn't this program already do all the cleanup you want? Do you use need extra cleanup that only another program provides for some reason?

-ElCoyot-

#68 Post by -ElCoyot- »

I do not know how to formulate it correctly. No need to create a separate menu. Just add the line run=
and after closing the portable, the specified program is launched. For example, a compiled script for deleting folders by mask. Here's a look https://yap.rolandtoth.hu/#keyword_run.

Midas

#69 Post by Midas »

lwc wrote: If you're again referring to yaP I don't see there a "run_after" function.
How do you envision it?

Just so I fully grok the discussion: aren't you forgetting yaP's configuration "[AFTER]" section? :?
AFTER: items that are run after closing the main application

-ElCoyot-

#70 Post by -ElCoyot- »

[BUTTON1]
buttontext=Notepad
closemenuonclick=1
run=

I want the string "run=" to be interpreted immediately as "starting after the portable program is finished".

lwc

#71 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:14 am I want the string "run=" to be interpreted immediately as "starting after the portable program is finished".
Then it's exactly what I thought. As mentioned I have a problem with it since it won't be complete without all the extra settings that the usual relativepathandfilename expects.
I think I can do this with the [BUTTON1]'s ending running the secret [BUTTON1_after], what do you think?

Although why not deleting folders by mask using the launcher itself?

-ElCoyot-

#72 Post by -ElCoyot- »

I think I can do this with the [BUTTON1]'s ending running the secret [BUTTON1_after], what do you think?
It would be good to try.
Although why not deleting folders by mask using the launcher itself?
Tried, does not delete. But that was just an example.

lwc

#73 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:49 am It would be good to try.
Alright then, here's how I pulled it off - let's say you want want button1 to call button 2, then:
  1. In button1, add buttonafter=2 (similar to skiptobutton=2 if you didn't want button1 first)
  2. If you only ever want button2 to run through button1, then you can add the also brand new feature hidefrommenu=1 to button2
Notes:
  1. The new feature of hidefrommenu=1 is also good for draft buttons without needing to comment out their commands like before.
  2. If you wish, you can use create chain sequences (button1 can call button2 which then calls button3, which then calls button4 and so on).
Can you try it in the latest beta, and due to so many betas please make sure nothing in general got messed up?

-ElCoyot-

#74 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Great, that's fantastic.That's what we need.

lwc

#75 Post by lwc »

Glad to hear! Does the latest beta work well? Is it time for a stable release? :D