How to enhance TPFC e-mail notifications

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
spicydog

How to enhance TPFC e-mail notifications

#1 Post by spicydog »

In some fora, whenever I get an e-mail notification of a received PM or of a new post on a subscribed thread, I can also read the actual text of the PM/post directly within the body of the e-mail notification without having to actually use an Internet browser and visit the site.

I find that EXTREMELY CONVENIENT especially when I download my e-mails from my PDA :mrgreen:

Provided that implementing this new feature would please other members too, I would like to know whether anybody could kindly suggest an easy way to implement the same on TPFC.

I understood from Andrew that the emails notifications come from phpBB (open-source forum software) and unless there are any settings that can be simply turned on, modifying the code seems to be necessary.

Thoughts?

SYSTEM

Re: How to enhance TPFC e-mail notifications

#2 Post by SYSTEM »

I'd like such an improvement, but I think it wouldn't be worth modifying the code. :|
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

spicydog

#3 Post by spicydog »

So modifying the code would be the only solution?

Anybody else?

carbonize

#4 Post by carbonize »

To my knowledge it has never been a feature of phpBB and so would require a modification to the code. Pretty sure the mod has already been written but, unless something has changed since I last used it, phpBB requires that you manually modify the files.

spicydog

#5 Post by spicydog »

Thank you carbonize.

I guess that that "carbonized" my hope to see extended e-mail notifications from TPFC :mrgreen: