Inner Color and Outer Color

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
chezduong

Inner Color and Outer Color

#1 Post by chezduong »

The following is not at all important and is just a presentation/preference question that does not necessarily need to be answered because it does not affect the "functionality" of JPE at all.

After successfully using JPE.exe with app specific ini files, I am now moving on to building JPE launchers (%app%_portable.exe).

In the JPE program settings, one can select the Highlight Border Inner Color and the Highlight Border Outer Color along with options for the title bar icons. But if one builds portable launchers, it seems as if there is no longer a choice for the Highlight Border Inner Color and the Highlight Border Outer Color. It seems to default to Black for the inner color and Red for the outer color.

Is there some "easy" way to change this in the ini file or elsewhere?

redllar

#2 Post by redllar »

The only place to change any of the Settings->Identification values is on that tab before you build the portable launcher. That's the way it's supposed to work anyway, for now. There was a bug in the 010 version where those values were hardcoded for built portable launchers but I thought I'd gotten that fixed. Looks like I need to revisit.

chezduong

#3 Post by chezduong »

I did have RED/RED in the JPE.exe Settings > Identification tab. But the launcher built with these settings come out BLACK/RED.

And as you already know, I am on JPE.dll v 0.1.2 and JPE.exe v 0.1.0 (but the version included with the 0.1.2 zip file).

Like I said, not a big deal.

redllar

#4 Post by redllar »

chezduong wrote:I did have RED/RED in the JPE.exe Settings > Identification tab. But the launcher built with these settings come out BLACK/RED.

And as you already know, I am on JPE.dll v 0.1.2 and JPE.exe v 0.1.0 (but the version included with the 0.1.2 zip file).

Like I said, not a big deal.
I just tried the build portable here and I have the same problem. It looks like the display or no display of the icons is working though. I'll try and find where it's been hardcoded and get it into this next build.

One thing I do know for sure now though. Whenever you run in discovery mode both the icons and the black/red framing colors are forced on. I'm going to leave that alone for now.

redllar

#5 Post by redllar »

Okay, I have found and fixed the bug. Unfortunately it's in the built portable launcher's code and I still need to make some more changes to the JauntePE exe gui before it'll be ready for release. So, barring any more major problems, the upcoming 0.1.4 build should have the fix in place.