Uninstall Tool

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Toxteth O'Grady

Uninstall Tool

#1 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Ultra small and fast utility that helps you to uninstall various software. It can be used instead of the standart unconvenient and heavy "Add and Remove Programs". The program has lots of features and options missing in Microsoft's (tm) applet.
Features
Great speed and small size, great quality
Multilingual, cool and simple interface
Allows you to display hidden installed programs
Allows you to find fast the desired program while typing known letters
Enables to delete programs if their uninstaller fails
Navigate to selected program's registry entry, installation folder and it's web site
Saving (exporting to HTML) current installed software list
Running "Windows Components" applet
... a lot of more

http://www.crystalidea.com/index.php?ac ... name=utool

knattefnattetjatte

#2 Post by knattefnattetjatte »

Why would we need this when all our appz are portable? :wink: :D

Toxteth O'Grady

#3 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Good question. Perhaps to replace"old" programs with new, portable ones? :idea:

ohno

Actually I have a good reason for the program.

#4 Post by ohno »

As a tech you go to someones house and thier machine is so loaded with junk the windows add/remove just will not populate very quickly.

Programs like this are faster and you can use it as a removal tool because who wants to wait minutes after every program you remove that requires a reboot.

Most of the portable apps I will use are exactly that. Tech tools that require no installation.

My tech flash drive also carrys non portable staple installers for those times I have to rebuild someones machine, such as Adobe Reader, Microsoft Defender, Spybot, and Adaware. Ya know all the must haves. This way I don't have to download them every time.

Darkbee

Re: Actually I have a good reason for the program.

#5 Post by Darkbee »

ohno wrote:... My tech flash drive also carrys non portable staple installers for those times I have to rebuild someones machine, such as Adobe Reader...
Adobe Reader as in Acrobat Reader to view PDF files? Now why would you use a piece of junk like that when Foxit Reader does a perfectly adequate job, is about 10 times smaller and doesn't require an install?

Toxteth O'Grady

#6 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Yep, why use an Acrobat when there is Foxit. :)

Btw, there is an easy way to get rid of the "advertisement" in Foxit. After disabling it in the View menu, it is there again the next time the program is started. But when you disable it and restart the program 5 times in a row it is gone permanently.

ohno

Why Adobe

#7 Post by ohno »

Remember I stated I would be using my flash drive as a tech tool.

The company I work for requires and insists that we use Adobe Reader. They will not support any free ware. Therefore Adobe reader is in my tool kit for when I have to rebuild machines for them. When you have close to 100 machines there is always one getting broken that needs fixed.

Vince

Darkbee

Re: Why Adobe

#8 Post by Darkbee »

ohno wrote:The company I work for requires and insists that we use Adobe Reader. They will not support any free ware.
Vince
[rant]
Point taken Vince. Gotta love the corporate environment, where common sense always fails to prevail! :shock:

Personally, I think that Acrobat has become a crime against humanity and should be banned worldwide. Just because you have to use something doesn't mean you have to like it. I use my right to vote but I usually don't like any of the candidates... I usually vote for the one I dislike the least. :?
[/rant]

knattefnattetjatte

Re: Why Adobe

#9 Post by knattefnattetjatte »

ohno wrote:The company I work for requires and insists that we use Adobe Reader. They will not support any free ware.
Isn't Adobe Reader freeware anymore?! :shock: :wink:

ohno

Yes

#10 Post by ohno »

Yes it is still free but most companies do not consider it freeware because it is distributed by Adobe. Most companies purchase the Adobe Acrobat commercial product and then distribute the reader to the end users so they don't have to put Acrobat on all machines.[/quote]

Andrew Lee

#11 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have posted Uninstall Tool to the database.

IndieAuthor

#12 Post by IndieAuthor »

Is it possible to make the full featured Adobe Reader portable? Or can I install it on my portable drive?