New at NirSoft

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: SecurityQuestionsView

#391 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm Added to the database, please vote
Voted -- great tool for administrators

billon

Re: NirSoft has an Alpha page (Pre-release NirSoft Tools).

#392 Post by billon »

Special wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:13 am https://www.nirsoft.net/alpha/
Three new tools:
DocumentTextExtractor
DocumentTextExtractor is a simple tool that allows you to extract text from documents (html files, MS-Office files, pdf files), using the search handlers installed on your system.
In order to extract the text from document, simply drag the document file from Explorer window into the main window of DocumentTextExtractor, or use the 'Open Document File' option (Ctrl+O).
You can also generate a text file from command-line, for example this command extracts the text from 1.docx and saves it into 1.txt:
DocumentTextExtractor.exe /ExtractText c:\temp\1.docx c:\temp\1.txt

Be aware that this tool works only if the right search filter is installed on your system. In order to extract text from pdf files, you may need to install the PDF iFilter of Adobe.
RegHiveBackup
RegHiveBackup is a simple tool for Windows that allows you to easily backup the Registry files on your system into the specified folder. Simply specify the backup folder, the Registry hives to backup (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and others), and then click the 'Create Registry Backup' button to create the backup.
RegHiveBackup also allows to choose different mode to backup the user Registry hives (ntuser.dat and UsrClass.dat): You can backup the user Registry hives of the user who runs RegHiveBackup, you can choose to backup the Registry hive of another user, or you can choose to backup the Registry hives of all users on your system.

RegHiveBackup works on any version of Windows - from Windows XP and up to Windows 10. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
LostMyPassword
LostMyPassword is a tool for Windows that allows you to recover a lost password, if it's stored by a software installed on your system. LostMyPassword can extract the passwords from popular programs, including Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera, and more...), POP3/IMAP/SMTP passwords stored by email software (Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail), Dialup/VPN passwords stored by Windows operating system, login passwords of remote computer stored by Windows operating system.
You can use the LostMyPassword tool in 2 modes: as normal user, and as Administrator. The Administrator mode is needed for some types of passwords because they cannot be decrypted without Administrator privileges.
If you have 64-bit system, you should use the 64-bit version of LostMyPassword to ensure that you get all passwords stored on your system.

webfork

Re: New at NirSoft

#393 Post by webfork »

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but there's a NirSoft QR code program. https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/qr_code_generator.html

It doesn't have the same number of features as some other programs in the database. But it's notable because it includes a CLI version of the program to quickly and easily generate lots of QR codes. So for example, you could generate a daily Wifi password or print lots of codes for an art gallery.

Ennovy

#394 Post by Ennovy »

BatteryHistoryView v1.00
BatteryHistoryView extracts and displays the history information of the laptop battery stored in the SRUDB.dat database of Windows 10 and Windows 11.
The battery history information is automatically collected by Windows operating systems and includes the following information: Timestamp, Cycle Count, Designed Capacity, Full Charged Capacity, Charge Level, Charge Percent, Active AC Time, CS AC Time, Active DC Time, CS DC Time, Active Discharge Time, CS Discharge Time, Active Energy, CS Energy.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/battery_history_view.html

Andrew Lee

#395 Post by Andrew Lee »

Ennovy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:42 pm BatteryHistoryView v1.00
BatteryHistoryView extracts and displays the history information of the laptop battery stored in the SRUDB.dat database of Windows 10 and Windows 11.
The battery history information is automatically collected by Windows operating systems and includes the following information: Timestamp, Cycle Count, Designed Capacity, Full Charged Capacity, Charge Level, Charge Percent, Active AC Time, CS AC Time, Active DC Time, CS DC Time, Active Discharge Time, CS Discharge Time, Active Energy, CS Energy.
I downloaded and played with this, but I find that the Windows built-in battery report generated using:

powercfg /batteryreport

gives more useful information, such as recent battery usage and charging details, as well as an estimate of the runtime of the battery based on your usage pattern. This is on top of the battery design and current capacity, all in a simple, nice HTML report.

webfork

#396 Post by webfork »

Note about ImageCacheViewer: to view images on a portable version of Firefox, you'll look under FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\cache2\entries\ ... nothing on the website about custom folders.

You can use "Everything" search to find out where the cache file is saving images, just set it to the absolute newest files on your drive and visit an image page. Thats how I figured this out.

As far as how to save a bunch of images from the listing, I'm not sure how.

giulia

#397 Post by giulia »

Hi
Optionally, in order to get country information of the remote IP address ('Remote IP Country' column), download and extract the latest:
IPToCountry.csv
or
CSV files of GeoLite2 City database
to the same folder.
the links are gone ,they don't work
cheers

Andrew Lee

#398 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have updated the instructions to use the latest files at https://github.com/sapics/ip-location-db.

giulia

#399 Post by giulia »

Andrew Lee wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:46 pm I have updated the instructions to use the latest files at https://github.com/sapics/ip-location-db.
Hi Andrew
Good , are both PToCountry.csv (i guess i should download iptoasn-country-ipv4.csv ) and GeoLite2-City-CSV.zip (again geolite2-city-ipv4.csv.7z ) ?
in short should i download geolite2-city-ipv4.csv.7z and iptoasn-country-ipv4.csv and rename them
thanks

Andrew Lee

#400 Post by Andrew Lee »

Nirsoft website says:
In order to use these IP-Location files, simply download the desired file and put it in the same folder of TcpLogView.exe with its original filename (For example: asn-country-ipv4.csv , dbip-city-ipv4.csv)
no renaming required.