EjectUSB

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
guinness

Re: EjectUSB v.1.6 no longer ejecting FINALLY SOLVED!

#31 Post by guinness »

Lets say (for hypothetical reasons) I just so happen to create a new EjectUSB totally re-written from 3000 lines of code to about 500 lines, what would be the new name of this program?

joby_toss

#32 Post by joby_toss »

No question about this one: Orgasm! :D

guinness

#33 Post by guinness »

I should have mentioned that it should be a name for all ages :D But joby I will keep that one on my list for future program names.

And as I said it's hypothetical ;) though I've kept it really simple for now because I want to go back to basics and create an application that stays within the original brief, close applications on a USB Drive.

Plus, this application is going to be Payware...I'm joking it will be Open Source of course. :)

spicydog

#34 Post by spicydog »

I KNEW IT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (forgive my euphoric outburst... I'll stick to the "hypothetical")

Well, while joby was clearly inspired by the "Ejec" part :lol: I would like to suggest a couple of (PG-approved) alternatives:

- SafEject
- RemoveUSB
- USBSR (where "SR" stands for "Safely Remove")
- Now-U-Can
- SafeYank (joby don't get any funny ideas :mrgreen: )
- SmoothEject
- USBOut
- YouSB (I heard someone shouting something like that once in a parking garage :mrgreen: )
- GreenLight
- USB Ejector

I also would like to add that (with all due respect and honors to Queue and whoever else is/was behind EjectUSB) if guinness totally re-wrote (quoting his words) the code and he is looking at a different name and (I would imagine) a different appearance, who is preventing him/her to release yet another USB eject application?

Apologies in advance if I am being out of line here, and guinness (or whoever else knows the "background" details of this story) please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Guinness, you definitely got the audience attention with this one! Hopefully you'll be soon taking care of the necessary issues/formalities which will lead you from the "hypothetical" into the "concrete" phase and you'll finally let us know what you have been up to :mrgreen: