Find and RePlace Files - Not Text [resolved]

Any other tech-related topics
Stoik

Re: Find and RePlace Files - Not Text [resolved]

#16 Post by Stoik »

Well done, TacticToe !!!

While to me function matters most, the GUI is - nevertheless - beautiful (especially the Antarctica skin).
I played around with it, it took me a minute or so to figure out that I have to put the search text in "asterisk quotes",
so instead of ... fie to be replaced ... or "file to be replaced", it has to be *file to be replaced* before it will work.

Two suggestions :
1. You may also have the "Execute Menu" choice save with the other settings (currently it does not save),
2. in the "Execute Menu" I could not figure out the difference between the 3rd and the 4th option.
Could You explain, and maybe rename it slightly for better clarity (so new users do not need a Help file).

Keep up the great work !

Greetings,
Stoik

tactictoe

#17 Post by tactictoe »

...I have to put the search text in "asterisk quotes",
so instead of ... fie to be replaced ... or "file to be replaced", it has to be *file to be replaced* before it will work.
Learn more about mask here: http://www.febooti.com/products/automat ... card-mask/
You may also have the "Execute Menu" choice save with the other settings (currently it does not save),
I am not sure why this one is necessary but okay, I will implement it in the next version.
2. in the "Execute Menu" I could not figure out the difference between the 3rd and the 4th option.
Could You explain, and maybe rename it slightly for better clarity (so new users do not need a Help file).
The 3rd option in the execute menu:
Copy the file given into the Target settings - file to replace with to the location of the search result list selected item then delete the file to the recycle bin or permanently with or without warning (Tick the appropriate options under the execute menu).

The 4th option in the execute menu:
Do the same as the 3rd option but will NOT delete the file.

For both of these options ONLY one file replacement will be copied to the selected folder (Search result list)

Pff done it.

Note the software is submit to the database of this website and explanation on how to use the software is provided there too.
Topics: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =4&t=22479

Have a nice day, :D

tactictoe

#18 Post by tactictoe »

@Stoik
1. You may also have the "Execute Menu" choice save with the other settings (currently it does not save),
:!: Done and also add the path in the archive dialog box to the INI file of the software. :wink:

Have a nice day, and thanks for the suggestion and testing the software. :D

Stoik

#19 Post by Stoik »

TacTicToe,

Thank You very much !!!

Stoik