Big Free Clock and SyncBack Portable

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Arithmomaniac

Big Free Clock and SyncBack Portable

#1 Post by Arithmomaniac »

www.contactplus.com/products/freestuff/ ... clock.htm

Can someone make this portable for me?
It only leaves 13 reg keys in HKU\S-1-5-21-2098724884-2683896027-401378778-1005\Software\Contact Plus Corporation\.

-------------

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html
This one is tricky, because each profile has a separate reg entry (there are 500+ total). But it a ridiculously powerful backup/sync program - great for USB devices. I use it to back up my HD all the time.

One possible solution would be to create a Backup and Sync profile, and to use it portably, tell users to edit these profiles instead of new ones.

Thanks,
Arithmomaniac

pipetman

#2 Post by pipetman »

>Can someone make this portable for me?
You can easily do this yourself. Just download PortableBuilder (just search for it here) and follow the instructions, it's pretty straightforward.

re: Syncback
The latest version, I use (I actually paid for the SE version, because it's such an awesome program), stores the profiles in the program directory, so it's fully portable.

Arithmomaniac

Only Synback SE does that

#3 Post by Arithmomaniac »

Syncback Freeware is an older version of Syncback, so it still writes to registry.

See the chart here.

Drutt

#4 Post by Drutt »

pipetman wrote:>Can someone make this portable for me?
You can easily do this yourself. Just download PortableBuilder (just search for it here) and follow the instructions, it's pretty straightforward.

re: Syncback
The latest version, I use (I actually paid for the SE version, because it's such an awesome program), stores the profiles in the program directory, so it's fully portable.
Not fully portable, it writes the serial number to the registry and still creates ...\Local Settings\Application Data\2BrightSparks\SyncBack :?

Zach Thibeau

I'll see if I can do it. It will take me a couple of days bu

#5 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I'll get it done on tuesday

Arithmomaniac

Thanks

#6 Post by Arithmomaniac »

Arithmomaniac