NirCmd

Submit command line tools that you find here.
thepiney

Re: NirCmd

#31 Post by thepiney »

Just noticed that no listing is present for the 2.84 update. I was checking your link out and scrolled to the version history area --->

22/04/2019 2.84 Fixed to work again on Windows 98/2000.

Nice to see that some developers still have love for older OSes, even though some are still used in niche areas.

Special

#32 Post by Special »

Still using v2.83, almost never a reason to update NirSoft programs as they never add much to them.

webfork

#33 Post by webfork »

Note about this program in Windows 10: I'm sure the process suspend, resume, and process priority/affinity tools are functional. I was trying to reduce the status of a resource-intensive program on my machine but couldn't get it to budge. Has anyone messed with this?

webfork

#34 Post by webfork »

Another Nircmd trick I'm using frequently below. This is listed on the website under available examples, so this isn't particularly creative, just endorsing one of the more useful options.

To paste what's in your clipboard into a dated text file, you can also use
"C:\Temp\nircmd\nircmd.exe" clipboard addfile .\note~$currdate.MM_dd_yyyy$-~$currtime.HH_mm_ss$.txt

Similarly (with a very slight change) you can use it to quickly generate a batch file from your clipboard:
"C:\Temp\nircmd\nircmd.exe" clipboard addfile .\note~$currdate.MM_dd_yyyy$-~$currtime.HH_mm_ss$.bat

Midas

#35 Post by Midas »

Nice. :sunglasses:

Easy dated files have been one of my longest struggles with BAT trickery and I might just adopt Nircmd for the effect.

Please, keep those examples coming, they're a real class in computer problem solving...

billon

#36 Post by billon »

Maybe somehow related? - NameDate

Midas

#37 Post by Midas »

billon wrote:Maybe somehow related? - NameDate

Good suggestion, billon. You should make an independent post about it here at "CLI Submissions", IMHO.

webfork

#38 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:09 amYou should make an independent post about it
Very much -- I'll likely be digging into that program in the weeks or months ahead. Great suggestion.