- Combine a bunch of image scans into one file
- Easily convert lots of images to text
- Convert screen captures of DRM-protected content into a PDF file you can actually read (one of my friends has been having great difficulty with Adobe book system lately, so I tried to spend some time on possible ways around that).
What follows is a more manual process, but one that gives a bit more control with the output:
- Open LibreOffice Impress (presentations tool)
- From the Slide - Properties menu, select a page size and rotate to a portrait view:
- Import images using "Insert > Picture > Photo Album", and then export to PDF for the same effect
This process also works (with mixed results) by opening the PDFs in the Draw program, copying all thumbnails, and pasting them into Impress