LeoMoon HotKeyz

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
hamasaki

LeoMoon HotKeyz

#1 Post by hamasaki »

From the website:

LeoMoon HotKeyz is a system-wide hotkey manager. You will be able to assign global hotkeys to folders and programs.

You can work faster and more efficiently by using your keyboard instead of your mouse. LeoMoon HotKeyz is a keyboard utility that will boost your productivity and it is really fun to use.

leomoon-hotkeyz.jpg

Features
Small size and portable
Define unlimited number of system-wide hotkeys
Enable and disable all hotkeys with [Ctrl]+[Win]+[2]
Very fast with low system requirements

https://leomoon.com/downloads/desktop-a ... n-hotkeyz/

Download:
https://leomoon.com/static/?file=leomoo ... yz_win.zip

Midas

Re: LeoMoon HotKeyz

#2 Post by Midas »

Very handy, thanks hamasaki. 8)

I tested for portability and can confirm LeoMoon HotKeyz is natively portable -- if you don't select its "Start with Windows" option, that is. Even after changing the main executable name, settings are kept in 'LeoMoon HotKeyz.ini' file in the program's folder.

As a bonus, the INI can be manually edited to change/add new shortcuts, so you can mix and match desired keys -- see the following table for the modifier symbols.

Key Symbol
SHIFT
+
CTRL
^
ALT
!
WinKey
#
hamasaki wrote: Enable and disable all hotkeys with [Ctrl]+[Win]+[2]
That shortcut assignment can also be changed through LeoMoon HotKeyz interface; here are some more zoomed in screen caps:

All in all, LeoMoon HotKeyz might be a worthy successor for Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (cf. viewtopic.php?t=6018) that never worked on 64-bit Windows, has long been out of development and is now effectively dead...

hamasaki

#3 Post by hamasaki »

Thanks Midas. I did find an initial bug when I ran it last week. If you deleted all the default hotkeys on launch the software crashed and wouldn`t restart, so obviously it required at least one hotkey. I contacted the developer and he fixed it immediately. :)

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Good to know the dev is responsive to user feedback. 8)

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Somehow it never occurred to me that I could setup the number keys on my keyboard as shortcuts for launching commonly used programs and functions. As a member of the whole portable thing, I try to stick to what can be done on a standard keyboard, but it might be worth the trouble.

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

@webfork: You mean the regular digit keys (or even the numeric pad ones)? They are just regular keys.

Even the function keys (F1 through F12) were used for keyboard shortcuts since the days of DOS: I remember the Wordperfect word processor v5.1 coming with a printable template to be placed above a regular desktop keyboard, so you'd have almost every program function accessible on one such shortcut...

Now, multimedia keys or some special keys on proprietary keyboards are a different thing. My Thinkpad, for instance, has two such keys -- called something like "Page forward" and "Page back", obviously meant for web browsing -- that can't be assigned to custom shortcuts because apparently they lack scan-codes.

What I miss in LM Hotkeyz is a couple of less used keys like Tab, Pause or ScrLock...

leomoon

#7 Post by leomoon »

Hello,

LeoMoon HotKeyz 1.7.3 with many new features is out.
- Added Windows Settings, Volume Up, Volume Down, Volume Mute, Media Play/Pause, Media Next, Media Previous, Media Stop, Lock, Log Off, Restart, Restart (Forced) and Shutdown (Forced) options to special actions
- Added Pause and Print Screen keys to hotkey selection
- Added the ability to define parameters when running an application
- Added the ability to paste custom text with hotkey
- Added many variables that can be used with text macros
- Minor bug fixes

You can now assign hotkey to text snippets. I've also defined some date and time variables to be used with text snippets. For example to paste current date and time with a hotkey to an active text field, you can use something like this:
Today is <DAYNAME>
Current time is: <HOUR>:<MINUTE>:<SECOND>
Current date is <MONTHNUMBER>\<DAYNUMBER>\<YEAR>

Please let me know if you need more text variables.

You can download the new version from here:
https://leomoon.com/downloads/desktop-a ... n-hotkeyz/

Thanks.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

leomoon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:27 pm Please let me know if you need more text variables.
Thanks for the update and welcome to the site :)

Midas

#9 Post by Midas »

Re-tested. Still portable. :slightly_smiling_face:

Two minor niggles: a) the LMH UI continues to look somewhat blurry on my Windows 7 (x64; see below and compare with the crisper system dialog at the end §); plus, b) the editing dialog button text to save changes (2nd image) should be more intuitively named -- something like "Change" or "Save changes"...

§) From my limited expertise, that is probably due to the interface being rendered with the ancient "MS Sans Serif" system font instead of defaulting to "MS Shell Dlg" or similar.

leomoon

#10 Post by leomoon »

@Midas, Thanks for testing. For the first problem, are you using high resolution display (bigger than 1920x1080)?

For the second problem, I can rename the button text to "Change".

vevy

#11 Post by vevy »

leomoon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:44 am For the second problem, I can rename the button text to "Change".
"OK" is better and more universal. Also, maybe "Save".

leomoon

#12 Post by leomoon »

Yea, I think "OK" would look better also. I'll change the"Edit" button to "OK".

Midas

#13 Post by Midas »

leomoon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:44 am @Midas, Thanks for testing. For the first problem, are you using high resolution display (bigger than 1920x1080)?

That's a negative. My current LCD screen is natively 1440x900.

billon

LeoMoon

#14 Post by billon »

WinOps, alternative to SmartSystemMenu

Midas

Re: LeoMoon

#15 Post by Midas »

billon wrote:WinOps, alternative to SmartSystemMenu
Future ideas
  • NA

A toolbar option -- user configurable, desirably with tabs and drag'and'drop aware (cf. abandoned Appetizer) -- would be more up my alley. Menu management gets cumbersome after a couple of dozen items. Just saying...