ASuite - application launcher

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
El Salvador

#61 Post by El Salvador »

I didn't edit function "Retrieve application info" and it seem to me weird...

@ Toxteth O'Grady: Thank you for your moral support. :D

XPect

#62 Post by XPect »

Hello El Salvador,

While I don't really know where to post, I'll had a request there.

Is there possible for you to support the win key in shorcuts keys in the 1.5 release ?

Regards

El Salvador

#63 Post by El Salvador »

ASuite 1.5 Beta is live! :D

Download link https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=171280

Simon.T

#64 Post by Simon.T »

El Salvador wrote:ASuite 1.5 Beta is live! :D

Download link https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=171280
- New default menu (xp style) with ASuite Theme by jwyanze

WHAT IS THIS??

I'm REALLY love this program luncher, but this is ugly and foolish now!!! :x

Back to PStart :'(

Btw, I'm using Vista Home Basic... need a problem list with ASuite in my OS?

No Regards!!
Simon

El Salvador

#65 Post by El Salvador »

Wait wait. If you don't like new default menu, you can switch to classic menu from options (options->tab various->check Use Classic Menu). Simple, no? :)

Simon.T

#66 Post by Simon.T »

but... why? M$ Style is... BAH!!

Anyway, I'll give it a shot :D

El Salvador

#67 Post by El Salvador »

Good, simon. :D

Advice: I want release stable version by end January, but I need your help. So I'm looking for ready and willing tester. Can you help me? :)

Simon.T

#68 Post by Simon.T »

I'll try to do the best.
Note for yourself that this month is full of the semester tests... so I will not have too much time for that :(

Regards
Simon

Btw, I used to use this app on XP and it's my number 1 :D

Toxteth O'Grady

#69 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

I think the new style looks pretty good, so opinions differ on this. :)
Fortunately this program is very customisable. You can have just about any option working the way you want it, which is one of the main attractions of ASuite in my opinion.

There appears to be a small bug. When both "Hide tab search" and "Hide tab stats" are enabled, the "launch window\program list" becomes disabled... causing a bit of a problem. :wink:

When the program is running in the system tray, it is always available (improving the speed). Is it possible to use that advantage by also opening the program list when double clicking a shortcut? I mean, it may be more convenient to launch it through a shortcut on the desktop (when no windows are opened). At the moment, that doesn't do anything. You are forced to use the icon in the system tray. Is it technically possible to change that, so you can always have maximum speed?

Thank you for all the work you have done on ASuite.

El Salvador

#70 Post by El Salvador »

Thank you, Simon.
There appears to be a small bug. When both "Hide tab search" and "Hide tab stats" are enabled, the "launch window\program list" becomes disabled... causing a bit of a problem.
Found and fix it. Thanks. :D
When the program is running in the system tray, it is always available (improving the speed). Is it possible to use that advantage by also opening the program list when double clicking a shortcut? I mean, it may be more convenient to launch it through a shortcut on the desktop (when no windows are opened). At the moment, that doesn't do anything. You are forced to use the icon in the system tray. Is it technically possible to change that, so you can always have maximum speed?
I'll try it. :)

Thank you.[/b]

Toxteth O'Grady

#71 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Pls files don't launch my mp3 player, Apollo. This is probably because it does something wrong. The author of mp3utility had to adapt his program in order to make it launch Apollo. :)

Could you check this nevertheless?
http://koti.welho.com/hylinen/apollo/

chezduong

#72 Post by chezduong »

@ El Salvador,

I don't know what happened but I posted a long post on ASuite 1.5 beta on portableapps.com and the post disappeared. Anyway, the short of it is:

• The mouse sensors show up as grey 1 pixel windows instead of being invisble.
• When using the new menu, if you chose to open ASuite, the ASuite window opens and the new menu remains open instead of disappearing. When the ASuite window is closed, then the new menu closes.
• I confirm Toxteth O'Grady's bug about the program list disappearing (but you know this already).

Feature request: can we have an option to use the old menu with mouse sensors and the new menu when clicking on the tray icon? That would be cool.

Thank you again for the super ideas, the excellent realization and the superb follow-up.

uksamo

My Theme

#73 Post by uksamo »

Hi Guys,

I have to say I'm now using ASuite 1.5b and well, what a fantastic application, a big thanks to El Salvador. I've been using PortableApps menu system up till now and the lack of flexibility was driving me mad to the point I was about to start building my own app - then I came across ASuite! At first I'd skipped straight past due to the dated looking interface but with the new XP style view and flexible options I'm blown away :wink:

I've never created a theme for anything before but I had to improve (personal opinion!) upon the default skin that came with 1.5b. Here's how it's turned out:

Let me know what you think?

If you think it's good enough please feel free to use it yourself, you can download it from here:

Download asuite_uksamo_theme.zip (86.5 Kb)

One other thing (not related), if possible could a tick box to be added to the options menu to automatically show the menu on the loading of asuite, similar to what happens when portableapps loads?

Many Thanks,
Richard

El Salvador

#74 Post by El Salvador »

I don't know what happened but I posted a long post on ASuite 1.5 beta on portableapps.com and the post disappeared.
John Haller deleted ASuite 1.5's topic because (from john's email):
I meant that the new look of the menu you introduced was a clone of the
PortableApps.com Menu. And, as forks and clones aren't allowed to be
self-promoted in the forums
Pls files don't launch my mp3 player, Apollo. This is probably because it does something wrong. The author of mp3utility had to adapt his program in order to make it launch Apollo.
I will try it. :)
• The mouse sensors show up as grey 1 pixel windows instead of being invisble.
Strange. It should trasparent. I will check.
• When using the new menu, if you chose to open ASuite, the ASuite window opens and the new menu remains open instead of disappearing. When the ASuite window is closed, then the new menu closes.
So, you do:
- Launch ASuite and close asuite window
- open new menu
- click on ASuite button to open asuite window
Right?
Feature request: can we have an option to use the old menu with mouse sensors and the new menu when clicking on the tray icon? That would be cool.
Yes, I will add it in stable version (or if it need, next beta version).
Thank you again for the super ideas, the excellent realization and the superb follow-up.
Thank you to use my software. :)
Let me know what you think?
Beautiful theme. I will use it as default theme.
One other thing (not related), if possible could a tick box to be added to the options menu to automatically show the menu on the loading of asuite, similar to what happens when portableapps loads?
In the place of Asuite window? Yes, I will add it, too.

chezduong

#75 Post by chezduong »

Wow, bummer about JTH. I follow PortableApps.com mostly for your posts and the post of one or two other persons. It is a shamed that a site that touts GPL licences all the time refuses "forks", "clones" and competition in general. Isn't this why the programs are GPL'ed? Oh well.

My desktop is black if it helps to detect why the mouse sensors show up. ASuite 1.4 mouse sensor are truly invisible when I revert back to it.

For the other question, I launch ASuite. By default (my choosing), no window shows up. I open the new menu. I click on ASuite button to open the ASuite window. And the new ASuite menu remains open while the ASuite program window (which opens up) remains open.

By the way, I never even tried the PA menu because of the limitations it had concerning the .paf standard, etc. I tried ASuite immediately because it was open (GPL and flexible)!

Keep up the excellent work. CD