Main features:Monochrome is an IRC client intended for long-time IRC users.
Its primary goals are security, reliability and stability despite IRC network failures or connectivity problems.
If you have not used IRC before, you should probably look for another client; Monochrome is currently lacking documentation and assumes the user to have basic knowledge of common IRC commands and conventions.
- Reliable automatic identification with NickServ on most popular IRC networks.
- Full Unicode support.
- Sending and receiving of DCC file transfers, with auto-accept whitelist.
- Ignore and half-ignore lists.
- Trigger word list.
- Auto-away, monitoring of away state of other users.
- Customizable command aliases.
- Variety of entertaining easter eggs!
- Complete color code support - only rendering in channels, queries and status windows is supported.
- Scripting - though functionality such as identifying with NickServ is automated, so there's no major need for running custom scripts.
- Help and documentation.
- Windows XP or newer.
- .NET framework 4.x.
GNU General Public License, version 2
Create empty MonochromeConfig.xml in the same directory as the exe file or it will use %AppData%\Monochrome.
Current version: 1.2.3, released on 2017-02-02.
https://perkele.cc/software/monochrome - website & download page
https://perkele.cc/download/monochrome.exe - direct download link
https://perkele.cc/download/monochrome-source.zip - source code link