CD/DVD Burner that consistently works

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
appsuser

CD/DVD Burner that consistently works

#1 Post by appsuser »

I am aware of and have been using (not as often any more, though) the different freeware programs for burning CDs and DVDs, like ImgBurn, InfraRecorder, and CDBurnerXP. I guess I'm just getting frustrated at these programs not consistently working in different computers/CD-DVD drives and wasting discs. Does anyone have any experience with free disc-burning programs that consistently work, or at least have a better compatibility record than the others?

thepiney

Re: CD/DVD Burner that consistently works

#2 Post by thepiney »

I've used ImgBurn, InfraRecorder and CDRFE over the years and had mostly good luck with all, especially ImgBurn and CDRFE. I have noticed that some burners and media have issues (even if supported) but never could be sure of the cause, however I have noticed that when I get larger cakes/packages of CD/DVDs the top half appears to be less prone to failure. Not sure if that is due to the upper discs being used earlier or what.

I used to exclusively use LiteOn CD/DVD drives and burners on my builds but the last few worked fine for discs that were used on that specific drive later on but often failed on other systems even with LiteOn drives and yes the discs were finalized.

zorro

Re: CD/DVD Burner that consistently works

#3 Post by zorro »

Try AnyBurn - for me it was the sunrise after a painful period of trying several bloated/non-portable/unreliable/etc. programs like CDBurnerXP ( :roll: ).
I use AnyBurn now for 3 or 4 years and never had problems. The best thing is the amount of features that where implemented over the years - now it is not only a CD-burner, but a reliable ISO/BIN-manipulator, a CD-ripper etc... all this by maintaining the small file size and beeing completely portable and stealth.