OneWay Backup

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ozok

OneWay Backup

#1 Post by ozok »

OneWay Backup is a folder sync program that copies only altered files. It does one thing: creates a mirror of folder A at folder B. It can also be configured to send emails when backup is finished.

Features:
  • -Create mirror of folder A at folder B
    -Jobs can be run in batch
    -Can be called from console so scheduling a backup is very easy
    -Send email when done
Home: http://www.ozok26.com/oneway-backup-9
Wiki (unfinished): https://github.com/ozok/OneWay-Backup/wiki
Vote: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2750

webfork

Re: OneWay Backup

#2 Post by webfork »

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

I pulled it out of the Change Detection and Comparison categories as those are underneath backup tool. If you check out that category, it's for analysis rather than something underlying a program. So for example, an FTP program may use change and comparison tools to determine whether or not to upload the most recent version of a file but that's not the focus.

I've also updated the entry a little.

ozok

#4 Post by ozok »

@webfork thanks!

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

The website / releases link is down for this program. If anyone has a mirror, please post.

lintalist

#6 Post by lintalist »

A copy of the installer seems to be available here - "disabled" the link, https:// yadi . sk /d / bCJgyC8e3LkXw5 (download at your own risk of course)
The installer is in the 7zip file, uploaded to virustotal suggests the file is clean:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/2a282 ... /detection

www . ozok26 . com is in the web.archive.org but download links point to sourceforge where the project seems to have been removed.

smaragdus

#7 Post by smaragdus »

I have OneWay Backup version 1.0.993- both x32 and x64 archives and installers and if needed I can upload them.
I can also downvote the the database entry- I upvoted it mainly to stimulate the developer- I do not like OneWay Backup and do not use it. I guess that the developer may be involved in commercial software now. Yet I don't understand why he would need to delete his projects.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:24 pm I upvoted it mainly to stimulate the developer- I do not like OneWay Backup and do not use it.
Yeah let's do that then. If just you downvote it, the entry will go private.

ozok

#9 Post by ozok »

smaragdus wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:24 pm I have OneWay Backup version 1.0.993- both x32 and x64 archives and installers and if needed I can upload them.
I can also downvote the the database entry- I upvoted it mainly to stimulate the developer- I do not like OneWay Backup and do not use it. I guess that the developer may be involved in commercial software now. Yet I don't understand why he would need to delete his projects.
I have deleted the content of my sourceforge account for personal reasons and out of irritation. Most of my software (sources at least) are still available on github and bitbucket.

I probably will not update any of my open source programs and with sourceforge gone I don't have their binaries hosted anywhere. The codebases generally are bad and in order to improve or extend I need to re-write them. I don't have time, energy or motivation to do that. I don't mind if you guys removed or downvoted software I posted here.

Cheers.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

ozok: I'm sorry to hear that. We've seen a lot of devs come and go for a long list of reasons, but I'm especially bummed because you seemed to be fixing a lot of problems that other tools couldn't address. I hope you can resolve whatever is in your way. I recommended downvoting your backup program just because it seemed simpler, but your stuff is always welcome here.

smaragdus

#11 Post by smaragdus »

I made an archive containing OneWay Backup version 1.0.993, which is the latest stable version as far as I know. The archive (OneWay Backup 1.0.993.7z) contains 4 archives, the x32 and x64 installers and the x32 and x32 portables. If someone is interested the download links are below:
Also, I may provide download links for the database entry, in contrast with the developer I do not feel like killing a piece of software.

I do not think that deleting SourceForge pages was a good decision, as far as I can remember almost all the programs by ozok hosted there were rather popular and wiping off all these pages means that the developer simply does not care for the users who like his software. I especially like TAudioConverter and TEBookConverter- the latter is in fact indispensable for me since I would not touch Calibre with a ten-foot barge pole.