MediaCoder with incorporated FF and MPUI - Monster or Angel?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
JackL

MediaCoder with incorporated FF and MPUI - Monster or Angel?

#1 Post by JackL »

Hi,
During the time I use portable soft I realized, I always try to find the optimum ratio between functionality and complexicity.
thus I used to have MPUI (IMHO best video option) firefox and from some time ago mediacoder.
As with mediacoder, there is some hussles, I was not always up to date with it untill I found on the web recomendation for MPUI ... from MediaCoder intestines - it seems that this is only way to have the latest the greatest version of all MPUI components, which are also used in Mediacoder. As well Firefox is used in it to settings configuration - with that only difference, that you need to put it there yourselves.
My Idea is that it would be triple profit, to compose Mediacoder in with all components upxed and with MPUI, Firefox and Mediacoder shortcuts one bellow other in main folder. It would be even better to load all other components ito single folder (I also thought if it is feasible to 7-zip it and foce MPUI, FF and MC to use such archive - but this seems to be very brave idea)
That do you think 'bout that?
with additional codecs pack available for MC, it could create all plaing, decoding, encoding stuff with Firefox functionality - and probably, all 3 would weight less than 3 separate pieces.
Waiting for your hurray ! or critic
best regards
JackL