File redirection help

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
portackager

File redirection help

#1 Post by portackager »

Can someone give tips on how to redirect certain file settings, such as writting to user application dir, and windows, but ignoring every other folder.

So for instance. I want to portalize an image editor that writes to registry and application folder, but I don't redirect any other "filesystem" changes. So I can edit an image as usual and use the program on my usb as an portable app.

I'm a bit curious as to how this can be done. :)

grannyGeek

#2 Post by grannyGeek »

Until some comes along who really knows, I'll make a suggestion (but you can't yell at me if it doesn't work ;-) )

This is what usually has worked for me ---
I make a simple ini and then use the Wizard.

I mostly follow Redllar's advice that was in the second post of this thread:
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1843

So for example, I want to redirect all registry writes, and only redirect the file writes to the Application Data folders under "Documents & Settings".
My ini file looks like this---

Code: Select all

[Registry] 
Use=1 
Data=.\JPE files\mooplayer_registry.reg 

[Filesystem] 
Use=1 
Data=.\JPE files\_File System\

[FilesystemExclude] 
1=* 

[FilesystemInclude] 
1=26 
2=28 
3=35 

[ModuleExclude] 
1=* 

[ModuleInclude] 
1=mooplayer.exe 
The entry
[FilesystemExclude]
1=*
tells JPE to exclude ALL file redirection,
then the entry
[FilesystemInclude]
1=26
2=28
tells JPE to redirect those specific folders.

You can find the "code numbers" of the various folders listed in the JauntePE_JauntePE.ini file.

portackager

#3 Post by portackager »

Thanks for the tip, I've changed the settings and it works very good so far. and don't worry I would only yell at you if what you suggested blew up my computer :P