Snipaste

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Snipaste

Re: Snipaste

#16 Post by Snipaste »

Hi, I'm the developer of Snipaste.
Thank you for recommending Snipaste! I hope you have a good time using it!

Softpedia has tested Snipaste on August 2nd and has granted it with "100% Clean". You are welcome to test it on virustotal too.

I will keep Snipaste always clean.

If you have any questions about the usage, please check the wiki page, which is now open for everyone to edit.

Please feel free to submit any bugs or feature requests as issues.

v1.7, v1.7.1 and v1.7.2 have some obvious problems on Windows XP, but now they have been fixed in v1.7.3. Sorry for the troubles!

BTW. If you spot any English text errors, either in the app or the website, please also tell me. ;-)

smaragdus

#17 Post by smaragdus »

@Snipaste

I am glad to see you here, welcome to the forum.

Your Snipaste is an excellent program and it is almost exactly to my taste, that was why I added it to the database.

I have a very tiny feature request- an option for sound notifications ("Play sound") when a screen-shot is taken which can be enabled/disabled. If this is implemented it would also be nice if the users are given an option to choose their own sounds. This is not of great importance, it is just that I am used to sound notifications when taking screen-shots.

Keep you great work on Snipaste, keep it portable.

Snipaste

#18 Post by Snipaste »

@smaragdus

That's a reasonable feature request and no problem, I will implement it. But at first, I may need to have a default sound. I googled but failed to find satisfactory results (a nice sound and free to use). Do you have any idea about it?

I am Baas

#19 Post by I am Baas »

Snipaste version 1.8.4 is available (2016.10.12):
New:
•(Option) Customize the mouse operation for image windows
◦Note: 'Close image' has been reset to 'Double click' and 'Toggle thumbnail mode' is now 'Win + Left click'.
◦Change them yourself if you don't like the defaults.

•(Option) Customize the output image quality
•The Internal Hotkeys Dialog is updated and added with a 'Copy' button
•Press Ctrl+Shift+P on an image window to open the Preferences Dialog
•Advanced config: General/high_process_priority
•Advanced config: snip/do_not_omit_synthesized_c
•Japanese translation (Thanks to 鳳凰院カミ)

Fixed:
•Crash when switching image groups in a row
•The thumbnail images cannot flash their borders
•When the default opacity for image windows is less than 100, image duplication check does not work properly

Improved:
•No more omit all synthesized keys when snipping (so that synthesized keys by ahk etc. still work)
•Even when "Auto detect UI elements" is not checked, you can press 'Tab' to start element detection
•Images with small width/height can be easily moved now
https://www.snipaste.com/download.html

smaragdus

#20 Post by smaragdus »

@Snipaste
That's a reasonable feature request and no problem, I will implement it. But at first, I may need to have a default sound. I googled but failed to find satisfactory results (a nice sound and free to use). Do you have any idea about it?
Have you searched at Freesound? All sound resources there are free. A custom search at Freesound for camera shows lots of sounds. I have several camera sound samples too- I have taken them from abandoned screen-capture programs and most of them are in WAV format. If you'd like I can pack several of them in an archive, upload the archive and provide a download link here so you may choose which one you like most. If you implement sound notification you may also give users an option to browse and select their own sounds. Which audio format you prefer- WAV, MP3, OGG or it doesn't matter?
Regards

Snipaste

#21 Post by Snipaste »

@smaragdus

Yes, please upload serveral sounds for me. Much appreciated!
I may only support WAV, but I guess it should suffice for most users...
Also thanks for recommanding Freesound. I've found some interesting ones. :)

smaragdus

Re: Snipaste 1.8.5

#22 Post by smaragdus »

Snipaste at version 1.8.5, changes & downloads:
v1.8.5 (2016.10.13)
New:
- Support global hotkeys containing "PrtSc"
Improved:
- Change the name of "Meta" key to "Win"
@Snipaste
I chose to send you some sounds I have via e-mail (provided at Snipaste "About"), if you find none of these sounds good enough tell me and I will rummage for more.

Snipaste

#23 Post by Snipaste »

smaragdus wrote:Snipaste at version 1.8.5, changes & downloads:
v1.8.5 (2016.10.13)
New:
- Support global hotkeys containing "PrtSc"
Improved:
- Change the name of "Meta" key to "Win"
@Snipaste
I chose to send you some sounds I have via e-mail (provided at Snipaste "About"), if you find none of these sounds good enough tell me and I will rummage for more.
@smaragdus
Thanks for your help. Sound effect has been implemented in Snipaste 1.8.6 (see "Preferences" - "Snip"). Enjoy it. ;)

SYSTEM

#24 Post by SYSTEM »

Snipaste wrote: @smaragdus
Thanks for your help. Sound effect has been implemented in Snipaste 1.8.6 (see "Preferences" - "Snip"). Enjoy it. ;)
I updated our database entry accordingly. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

smaragdus

Re: Snipaste 1.8.7

#25 Post by smaragdus »

@Snipaste
Many thanks! I downloaded version 1.8.7 but I do not hear anything when snipping. I can play the file in "Preferences-Snip", but that is all- neither snipping nor pasting is producing any sound notification. When I am supposed to hear the sound?
I see you have added some new DLLs because of my whim and I am sorry if you wasted too much time on it.

@SYSTEM
Thanks for updating the database entry.

A search engine dedicated to sound searching- FindSounds.

Snipaste

#26 Post by Snipaste »

SYSTEM wrote:
Snipaste wrote: @smaragdus
I updated our database entry accordingly. :)
Great speed!

BTW. In the intro, 'F2' should be changed to 'F3', which has been the default hotkey for 'Paste' since v1.5.

Snipaste

Re: Snipaste 1.8.7

#27 Post by Snipaste »

smaragdus wrote:@Snipaste
Many thanks! I downloaded version 1.8.7 but I do not hear anything when snipping. I can play the file in "Preferences-Snip", but that is all- neither snipping nor pasting is producing any sound notification. When I am supposed to hear the sound?
I see you have added some new DLLs because of my whim and I am sorry if you wasted too much time on it.

@SYSTEM
Thanks for updating the database entry.

A search engine dedicated to sound searching- FindSounds.
You would need to check the box(es) under the sound path.
I like this feature too. No need to feel sorry. ;)

SYSTEM

#28 Post by SYSTEM »

Snipaste wrote:BTW. In the intro, 'F2' should be changed to 'F3', which has been the default hotkey for 'Paste' since v1.5.
Done.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Snipaste

#29 Post by Snipaste »

SYSTEM wrote:
Snipaste wrote:BTW. In the intro, 'F2' should be changed to 'F3', which has been the default hotkey for 'Paste' since v1.5.
Done.
Thanks!

smaragdus

Re: Snipaste 1.8.8

#30 Post by smaragdus »

Snipaste at version 1.8.8, changes:
v1.8.8 (2016.10.16)
Fixed:
  • Incorrect processing for Quick Save path (the upper directory was used instead, affecting 1.8.6 and 1.8.7)
  • The previous arrow/text scaling is not restored after Snipaste is restarted
  • When the magnifier shows up, the first frame shows the old content
I have updated the database entry.

@Snipaste
You would need to check the box(es) under the sound path.
Ah, thanks, yesterday I was in a hurry (I would be going to a football match, in fact I arrived late at the stadium) so I failed to see the obvious- the check-boxes. Anyway, yesterday was a great day, my team won (2-0, after 5 consecutive losses) and Snipaste got sound, thanks once again. ;)
BTW. In the intro, 'F2' should be changed to 'F3', which has been the default hotkey for 'Paste' since v1.5.
What was the reason for this change?

I can use F1 and then CTRL+A to capture full screen, but wouldn't be easier and handier if Snipaste has a dedicated (F) key for full screen capture?

Snipaste.exe shows file version 1.8.0.0 for versions 1.8.5, 1.8.6, 1.8.7, 1.8.8, etc. Wouldn't it be better and more precise if for example Snipaste.exe for version 1.8.9 shows file version 1.8.9.0, for version 2.4.3- file version- 2.4.3.0, etc?