FileFriend is a file manipulation program which offers four modules- file splitter (Split), file joiner (Join), file and directory encryption tool (Encrypt) and steganography tool (JPK), which can hide files inside images (JPEG).
FileFriend links:1. Split a large file into smaller subfiles, or join subfiles to reconstruct the original file.
2. Encrypt or decrypt files and directories.
3. Hide files in a JPEG file, or extract files hidden in a JPEG file.
http://www.filefriend.net/ - FileFriend web-site
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/filefriend.html - FileFriend at MajorGeeks
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/filefriend.html - FileFriend at SnapFiles
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fil ... iend.shtml - FileFriend at Softpedia
- FileFriend - splitting files:
- FileFriend - joining files:
- FileFriend - encrypting files:
- FileFriend - hiding files:
FileFriend is portable and stealth- it doesn't seem to save any settings- download the ZIP archive (FileFriend.zip), extract to a folder of your choice and run the executable file (FileFriend.exe).
FileFriend is freeware but the license is not specified.
- Both the splitter and joiner are lightning fast.
- Encryption doesn't append any extension to the encrypted file- when encrypted the file simply cannot be opened.
- When a whole directory is encrypted after the encryption the directory is accessible but the files inside it cannot be opened.
- Two encryption methods are provided- FC1 and FC2- FC1 is deprecated and should only be used to decrypt files encrypted with FileFriend versions 1.1.2 or earlier, while FC2 has been introduced in version 1.1.3 and is the recommended one.
- The steganography tool can be useful for sending of executable files as attachments via web-mail services which don't allow sending of EXE files.
- Be careful with the encryption and the steganography tool, losing the password means that the encrypted and hidden files are virtually lost.