RealWorld Paint.COM

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: RealWorld Paint 2011.1

#16 Post by Midas »

Thanks for that, vlasta. 8)

I am Baas

#17 Post by I am Baas »

Midas wrote:Thanks for that, vlasta. 8)
+1

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

Wanted to list a few wishlist items for this program centered around the animation component:
  • Ability to copy and paste layers between animation frames. Right now you have to export a layer, then import it on the next frame, and THEN change the blending mode.
  • Hotkey for Duplicate Frame function (there are keys for Insert and Delete, but I think duplicate would be even more frequently used)
  • Ability to set all frames to a specific speed as well as adjust by the current slider mechanism. Right now to get a slideshow format used on many entries on the site, you have to choose "Change Animation Speed" and modify the setting several times to slow it down dramatically.
  • Ability to import animations or videos into GIF format (in the mean time, Video to Video has a good tool for this)
I did try out the Photoshop tools with some of Harry's Filters, an included .8bf file set inside Irfanview and they worked great.

vlasta

#19 Post by vlasta »

Thanks for the feedback, webfork!

The first point should already work, but maybe the way the application deals with clipboard is getting in the way. Let me explain: Copying and pasting is a tricky thing in an animation editor. Suppose you have a frame selected, a layer selected and also part of the image selected. When you hit Ctrl+C, what should be put onto clipboard? RWPaint determines that by the last clicked subwindow. You may notice the little overlay icons on the main toolbar change when you click on the list of frames, list of layers or the canvas. Also their tooltip change (for example to "Copy animation frames" if you have last clicked in the list of frames). Pasting works in a similar way. If there is an image on the clipboard, it can be pasted as floating selection, new layer or new frame. So, if you have copied a layer and you want to paste it into another frame, you should click into the layers panel after switching the frame and then paste it - it will be there with opacity and blending mode preserved.

Duplicate hot key... I will add it in the next version. Right now, you can configure it manually - right-click on the toolbar above the list of frames, click on "Configure toolbar", select #7 (that should be the Duplicate button) and click into the "Shortcut" box then press the combination of keys you want to assign to it and finally click OK.

Setting frame delays to all/selected frames - will do. If you need it urgently, let me know and I'll send you a small file that will add a new button to the toolbar with that function.

Importing videos. This may be a bit tricky for me as I have no experience using video codecs. Also, the application is not a real video editor and would certainly crash if you attempted to open a movie with thousands of frames. I am a bit afraid that supporting avi/mp4/wmv would raise false expectations. But I am not ruling that out - perhaps it will be added as a plug-in.

Midas

Re: RealWorld Paint

#20 Post by Midas »

RealWorld Paint v2013.1 SP1 released (a long time ago :); changelog is at http://www.rw-designer.com/paint-versions).

It now adverstises itself as a "portable image editor" (untested!).

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:It now adverstises itself as a "portable image editor" (untested!).
It actually got added ... I hadn't merged the threads.

I am Baas

#22 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:
Midas wrote:It now adverstises itself as a "portable image editor" (untested!).
It actually got added ... I hadn't merged the threads.
I could not find another thread for RealWorld Paint.

webfork

Re: RealWorld Paint.COM

#23 Post by webfork »

vlasta:

Assuming you're still working on this, I had another wishlist item: is there a way to set the animation speed to essentially a slideshow view? We do a lot of those here on the site and I ended up having to go back to GIF and use PhotoScape (definitely not as good as RWPaint in terms of animation) on a recent GIF file edit.

billon

#24 Post by billon »

Very, very underrated program
Much more advanced than PhotoDemon or LazPaint
Much more convenient and intuitive than paint.net or GIMP abomination
Latest unstable version is from January 2019, so not abandoned hopefully

webfork

#25 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:09 pm Latest unstable version is from January 2019, so not abandoned hopefully
Did you want to point to that somewhere in the entry?

Updated the screenshot which was taken from the author website and a bit low on detail.