Shortcuts Search And Replace

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

Shortcuts Search And Replace

#1 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable
Shortcuts Search And Replace allows to do easy operations on shortcuts like:
- Search for shortcuts target path, working directory, arguments, and icon location content
- Replace multiple shortcuts target path, working directory, arguments, and icon location content (useful if you move portable applications paths or directory)
- Search dead links, to resolve or delete them (multiple resolves/delete in one click)
Download: http://jacquelin.potier.free.fr/Shortcu ... ndReplace/

lautrepay

Re: Shortcuts Search And Replace

#2 Post by lautrepay »

I've added Shortcuts Search And Replace to the database.
Please, vote here.

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

Thanks for adding lautrepay, sorry it took me so long to respond (I must have missed this post somehow.)

lautrepay

#4 Post by lautrepay »

No problem. Thanks to you for the suggestion, guinness.

3D1T0R

Re: Shortcuts Search And Replace [Portable]

#5 Post by 3D1T0R »

Can we add a link to Shortcuts Search And Replace Portable as an alternative?

I am Baas

#6 Post by I am Baas »

3D1T0R wrote:Can we add a link to Shortcuts Search And Replace Portable as an alternative?
No.

Are you affiliated with PA? Is John paying for referrals?

JohnTHaller

#7 Post by JohnTHaller »

Generally, the PAF package of an app is only listed as an alternate here on PFC when it offers some significant advantage over the main package or the main package is only partially portable. In this case, SSaR is "natively" portable to use PFC terminology. The PAF package adds path portablization of any custom paths the user may set in the app. It's primarily packaged as a convenience to our users and to allow automatic updates and backups.

3D1T0R is a long-time member of PortableApps.com who recently started assisting with app package updates in an official capacity. He's new to PFC according to his join date and likely unfamiliar with the listing guidelines here. As I understand it, PFC prefers the "native" portable versions (zip, manual extraction from installer using 7-Zip/universal extractor, etc) even if those versions have have some portability issues that we would correct (leave some mostly-minor settings or other files/folders behind, have some paths/recent files lists break, etc) to "packaged" versions (PortableApps.com Format, WinPenPack Format, etc) as the goal is for PFC to be an independent listing of portable software without being dependent on a third party site like PortableApps.com or WinPenPack to allow users to download and use most apps.

For clarity, PortableApps.com has never paid for referrals, mentions in other forums, etc.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

3D1T0R

#8 Post by 3D1T0R »

Most of this is going to reiterate what John said, but I feel I should say it myself anyway.

I'm a long time Portable App user and advocate, I'm personally fond of PortableApps.com and have lent my assistance towards getting Development Test releases there to be up to spec & working correctly for years. I became a maintainer of the Development Test page a while back (I'm still working on trying to get it properly updated) and I've recently started helping there in a more official capacity by packaging updates for some of the official PortableApps.com apps.
Nobody's paying me anything for any of this (though I'd love it if they did), and as John mentioned, I am new here (I've looked at TPFC's db occasionally, but never felt a need to have an account), so it'll probably be a while before I know how exactly things work here.

I honestly only signed up so I could post about the dead links I mentioned over here.

As for why I thought that SSaR Portable should be mentioned? I simply thought someone might find it useful to know about.

Edit: Also, perhaps I should state that I wasn't asking for SSaR Portable to get an entry in the database. Rather I thought that perhaps it could be mentioned in SSaR's description, similar to other apps where the "native" version is in the DB, but there is also a PortableApps.com maintained package (e.g. JPEGView) such as "Alternatively, Shortcuts Search And Replace Portable is also available from PortableApps.com".

webfork

Re: Shortcuts Search And Replace [Portable]

#9 Post by webfork »

3D1T0R wrote:Can we add a link to Shortcuts Search And Replace Portable as an alternative?
Just following up on this question: a similar one came up recently and a separate policy thread addressed it. The ruling there was that there is no site policy against listing SSAR Portable (or for that matter X-SSAR if WinPenPack creates one) as an alternative.