SSD-Z

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
billon

SSD-Z

#1 Post by billon »

http://www.aezay.dk/aezay/ssdz/
Program Description:
SSD-Z is an information tool for Solid State Drives and other disk devices. Using a database, it will show information about your SSD, such as the controller, processing tech, NAND type etc. Other useful information related to disk devices are also shown, such as S.M.A.R.T. status and partition layout.

Features:
- Details of the controller and processing tech of NAND chips (for known devices).
- Verify that TRIM is enabled for your system and SSDs.
- S.M.A.R.T. status and full list of all the device's available attributes.
- List of all partitions. Including hidden, unmapped and boot partitions.
- Benchmark IOPS, transfer speed and random access time (work in progress).
- View the raw device identify data words.

Device Color Coding:
Green for SSD
Orange for HDD and other devices
Pink for Removable
Teal for Optical Drives
ImageImage
ImageImage

Settings: SSD-Z.ini in app's folder.

DL - http://www.aezay.dk/aezay/ssdz/SSD-Z_16.01.18wip.rar

I am Baas

Re: SSD-Z

#2 Post by I am Baas »

SSD-Z is still a Work In Progress (beta) program. Benchmarking results are unreliable.

Tested: Portable

Req.: admin rights

Userfriendly

#3 Post by Userfriendly »

I could never get this to work with my system. App just hangs at start and unable to kill the process. Prevents me from shutting down or rebooting my pc. Have to do a hard reset. Using Samsung 840 pro and Seagate 600 Pro SSD's.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Cool app, thanks billon. 8)

@userfriendly: have a Samsung 840, too -- didn't get that problem... :?

Userfriendly

#5 Post by Userfriendly »

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with my modded BIOS or unsupported SSD maybe. Seagate 600 SSD's aren't too common and has been out of production it seems. Doesn't matter what OS I run it on. It just doesn't work.

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

OK. Sorry it doesn't work for you. Forgot to say I tested under Windows 7 x64 SP1.

billon

#7 Post by billon »

Latest Beta from June 23
  • Added more devices, as well as fixed a few with missing or incorrect data.
  • Corrected Silicon Power SSDs being detected as an S60 model. Unfortunately, as these SSDs all report the same model name, it's near impossible through software to determine the exact model.
  • Fixed: If a device was removed from the system, any device with a larger ID after it, would not be detected.
  • The default temperature unit will now always initialize as Celcius, even if your system has been configured for Imperial units. Click the temperature field to toggle the setting to Fahrenheit.
  • Mouse wheel scrolling will now more intuitively reach the window under the mouse, and not the window with focus.
  • Changed keyboard shortcut for "last active tab" from [F4] to [Ctrl + D]. This was to avoid the clash with the global combobox dropdown shortcut of F4.
  • Added option to display the raw SMART attribute values as either decimal or hexadecimal.
  • Fixed: Changing of the temperature unit, will now properly apply to all devices, and not only the current device.
  • Added a new tab "Decoder", which for some devices can decode and display the meaning of the model number. Accessible from the system menu, by right-clicking the window caption.
  • Restructured how the SMART attributes and thresholds are stored and accessed internally. This should fix those extremly rare cases of the threshold ID not matching up with the attribute ID.
  • ListView column headers are now properly scaled to the system DPI.
  • New "Speed" field on the device tab. It shows the active SATA transfer speed, out of the device's maximum.

billon

#8 Post by billon »

16.06.29b
  • The submission feature is working again now.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

JohnTHaller

#10 Post by JohnTHaller »

PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

I'll try to make this program the next one I add to the database. SSD drives are just too common not to have it.

billon

#12 Post by billon »

16.09.09b
- The submission feature is working yet again.
- Submissions are now being posted over HTTPS.
- More devices are recognized now. Thanks again for all the submissions.
- Fixed an error that would in some cases display the model name and especially the firmware incorrectly.
- Decoder: Now shows the form factor for Crucial devices.
- Unknown LiteOn devices will now properly display the LiteOn logo.
- No longer blocks support for Aero Snap, when moving the window to the screen edge.
- Certain devices with a capacity of 1TB or above, was not getting detected due to the pattern matching only looking for a "G" in the model name.
- Device Tab: The interface will now scale to the window size. To disable this, set "tabs.device.ui_scale" to 1.00, or any other factor you prefer. Using 0.00 means it will autoscale.
- Removed a reference to a debug class that was accidentally left in.

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote:I'll try to make this program the next one I add to the database. SSD drives are just too common not to have it.
I have submitted the program to the database: https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2839