gaP: great! another Portabilizer

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Aeolis

gaP: great! another Portabilizer

#1 Post by Aeolis »

Hello folks,

After asking tproli permission to base my work on yaP and four months of hard work here it is gaP: great! another Portabilizer. It's a portabilizer based on yaP, but with a few extra features. Please, check them out. I will be really glad if you can test it and give your suggestions or bug reports here in the forum.

Best regards,

Aeolis

License

gaP is released as freeware. You are allowed to use; distribute gaP via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this; and modify as you like it. The author is not liable for any damages arising from its use.

This program is distributed as freeware in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty expressed or implied. You are free to modify gaP, but the author would like you to share your changes with him and do not take credit for work you did not do.

Disclaimer

gaP is provided "AS IS" and "WITH ALL FAULTS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason. The author makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the safety, suitability, lack of viruses, inaccuracies, typographical errors, or other harmful components of gaP.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software, and you are solely responsible for determining whether gaP is compatible with your equipment and other software installed on your equipment. You are also solely responsible for the protection of your equipment and backup of your data, and the author will not be liable for any damages you may suffer in connection with using, modifying or distributing gaP.

gaP main differences from yaP

* everything is in one executable;
* gaP can handle x86 and x64 registry entries by using the appropriate switch in the registry based functions. This means more complex programs can be correctly portabilized using just one executable;
* gaP encryption and decryption interface can be accessed by using the "-crypt" parameter. This means there is no need for a secondary executable to access it;
* gaP encryption algorithm is AES 256 bit. This means your sensitive information is encrypted using strong encryption;
* gaP has a detailed built-in help file which can be accessed by using the "-help" parameter;
* gaP has two additional functions (I am open to suggestions to add even more functions): keeponly and service. The "keeponly" function keep a specified number of files or folders inside a selected path by deleting the other files or folders and the function "service" which create, delete, start or stop a selected service;
* gaP has more shell folders aliases. This means more complex programs can be correctly portabilized. See the list below.

Code: Select all

gaP additional shell folders:
%Common Administrative Tools%
%Common AppData%
%Common Desktop%
%Common Documents%
%Common Favorites%
%Common Programs%
%Common Start Menu%
%Common Startup%
%Common Templates%
%CommonMusic%
%CommonPictures%
%CommonVideo%
%OEM Links%
gaP main features

* portabilize applications by listing directories, files, registry keys and values in an ini file;
* automatically run the 64bit version of the main application if available;
* create, copy, move and delete files, directories, registry keys and values;
* handle x86 and x64 registry entries by using the appropriate switch in the registry based functions;
* various checks: administrator rights, multiple instance, OS version, .NET, Java and Internet connection;
* request administrator rights if administrator rights are required;
* execute batch files;
* import and export registry keys;
* merge reg files;
* read and write ini files;
* replace strings or lines in text files;
* set environment variables;
* show custom messages;
* run applications;
* create, delete, start and stop services;
* delete the oldest or newest files or folders based on date or name (useful to keep backup files or folders under a defined number);
* create symlinks (requires NTFS file system, administrator rights and compatible OS);
* register and unregister dll files;
* environment variable and shell folder expansion;
* path, date, text and language macros;
* set file and directory attributes;
* encrypt configuration items using "-crypt" parameter;
* refresh system shell icons;
* kill processes;
* put text on clipboard; and
* clean "MuiCache" and "App Paths" values from registry on close.

gaP parameters

gaP currently accepts four parameters:

* -crypt --> opens gaP encryption and decryption interface;
* -license --> opens gaP license and disclaimer interface;
* -about --> opens gaP about interface; and
* -help --> creates a copy of gaP help file in "gaP.exe" root folder.

gaP download link (password: gapportablefreeware)
gaP.7z
File: gaP.exe
File size: 452 KB (462.848 bytes)
MD5 checksum: BD417799D4A37C8915E2E08D89347D40
SHA1 checksum: A5D8BFF54DC68A17498E19F010345C6C95BDDE66
SHA256 checksum: 5CA0F015B7190A134E9062309AB3778C49877FB19A48BEB78532B48CBD9D5086
SHA384 checksum: 4121F61E1B68B0A1700146A13CB837AE72DD1D90BB3191F0A0D5EE7B539693EEA504A62A8FD652354FD478A2A52418E9
SHA512 checksum: 5922BC2E378275A5B1EEBCB2C74A807020C7FA57B62BC72391330FE7D7B1447DCE3383D48D114B1EBE3E6776C52FA7FD3A211B7FEBE8C1F3BBCE11101805F2C6

Change-log:
* version 1.0.0.0 - 30/MAY/2015 - First release;
* version 1.0.1.0 - 13/JUN/2015 - Added more options to the "service" function and bug fixes;
* version 1.0.2.0 - 20/JUN/2015 - Added more options to the "service" function and a new macro "OSARCH";
* version 1.0.3.0 - 29/JUN/2015 - Added a new function "clean" and changed the scape character from "\" to "<" for better compatibility;
* version 1.1.4.0 - 18/JUL/2015 - Added a new function "!readonly" and changed the AutoIt core from 3.3.12.0 to 3.3.14.0;
* version 1.1.5.0 - 08/AUG/2015 - Fixed a major bug and changed the AutoIt core from 3.3.14.0 to 3.3.14.1.
Last edited by Aeolis on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.

freakazoid

Re: gaP: great! another Portabilizer

#2 Post by freakazoid »

Hi Aeolis,

It might be good to list the differences betwen gaP and yaP just so others are aware of them.
is it stealth? ;)

rbon

#3 Post by rbon »

Hi Aeolis,
great work :D

I am trying to make a gaP launcher for 'EagleGet Portable', because this program starts two services:
I have added in gaP.ini the first service with keyword 'service' and the second with keyword '+service': it is correct?

Another question:
I have tried to change gaP launcher's icon, but it seems me that gaP do not allows to change icon.

Thanks
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Rick Cook.

Aeolis

#4 Post by Aeolis »

Dear rbon,

First, thank you! The function "service" only runs or stops a service that already exists. It will not create or remove a service. That means you can't user the "+" sign before the "service" function. Actually, I will try to implement that feature of creating and removing a service. Thank you for the idea rbon!

What software are you using to change gaP's icon? I use Greenfish Icon Editor Pro and it works like a charm. Try it yourself: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1420

If you have further questions, ideas or suggestions just drop by.

Best regards,

Aeolis

rbon

#5 Post by rbon »

Aeolis wrote:Dear rbon,
Actually, I will try to implement that feature of creating and removing a service. Thank you for the idea rbon!
I have great confidence that You succeed.
Aeolis wrote: What software are you using to change gaP's icon? I use Greenfish Icon Editor Pro and it works like a charm. Try it yourself: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1420
Aeolis
Thanks - I will try it :)
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Rick Cook.

Aeolis

#6 Post by Aeolis »

Hello folks,

I have updated gaP to support the features requested by rbon and fixed a few bugs. Thank you all!

Best regards,

Aeolis

xor

#7 Post by xor »

Your efforts are much appreciated @Aeolis

rbon

#8 Post by rbon »

Aeolis wrote:Hello folks,
I have updated gaP to support the features requested by rbon and fixed a few bugs. Thank you all!
Aeolis
Thanks very much. :D

I have launched gaP.exe for obtain gaP.ini, but gaP.exe creates a gaP.ini for release 1.0.0.0 (without Your last modifications).

So I have launched gaP.exe from command line for obtain Help: the Help is updated :)
Your launcher creates a file with name 'gaP_Help.txt' and it is a detailled tutorial with complete examples.
Here is a tiny .bat file for obtains this Help:
gaP_Help.bat

Code: Select all

start gaP.exe -help
I have not yet tried Your launcher.

b.t.w.
the file 'gaP.ini' obtained from gaP.exe is a file without carriage return: open (and save) it using Wordpad.exe :wink:

Aeolis

#9 Post by Aeolis »

Dear rbon,
I have launched gaP.exe for obtain gaP.ini, but gaP.exe creates a gaP.ini for release 1.0.0.0 (without Your last modifications).
You can use the "gaP.ini" file generate by "gaP.exe". The code modifications are in the "gaP.exe" file not in the "gaP.ini" text file. The "gaP.ini" file is a "instructions guide" which "gaP.exe" will interpret and execute the requested actions. Note that the line with the version number is commented with the ";" character which means its has no actual use. It's there just for information.
I have not yet tried Your launcher.
Please, try it. Your feedback is welcomed.
b.t.w.
the file 'gaP.ini' obtained from gaP.exe is a file without carriage return: open (and save) it using Wordpad.exe :wink:
Yes, you are right! Or use Notepad++ as I do. I will try to "fix" it in the next release.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Aeolis

#10 Post by Aeolis »

Hello folks,

I have updated gaP to add more options to the "service" function and a new macro "OSARCH". Thank you all!

Best regards,

Aeolis

Aeolis

#11 Post by Aeolis »

Hello folks,

I have updated gaP to add a new function "clean" and changed the scape character from "\" to "<" for better compatibility. Thank you all!

Best regards,

Aeolis

Aeolis

#12 Post by Aeolis »

Hello folks,

I have updated gaP to add a new function "!readonly" and changed the AutoIt core from 3.3.12.0 to 3.3.14.0. Thank you all!

Best regards,

Aeolis

Aeolis

#13 Post by Aeolis »

Hello folks,

I have updated gaP to fix a major bug and changed the AutoIt core from 3.3.14.0 to 3.3.14.1. Thank you all!

Best regards,

Aeolis

guinness

#14 Post by guinness »

The core didn't change, so there was really no need to update. It was mentioned in the announcements.

starstuff

#15 Post by starstuff »

hi Aeolis, can you merge gap into dropit?