EasyPHP

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
risk

EasyPHP

#1 Post by risk »

Another nice WAMP environment. UniExtract, rename App folder and move to desired location.

EasyPHP Home

Drutt

#2 Post by Drutt »

Followed the directions described above and I receive this error when running EasyPHP.exe:

Same error after updating to 1801

Shame, seems to be a little lighter than WOS, which is my latest fav. toy

bowlingfiretree

easyPHP running on iPod

#3 Post by bowlingfiretree »

First of all, great site. I come here all the time.

Second, yes, I just discovered on my own that easyPHP was portable a few days ago while looking through the config files. My first thought was 'Bitchin'', and my second thought was, 'Hmm, I wonder if it's listed at Portable Freeware Collection?'. Nope, but here it is in the submission forum.

It did take me a little tweaking to get it installed and running fine, that part was a little frustrating. Now I can't even remember how I did it, but I'm sure if someone were to ask specifics, I would be able to help. Next, if once installed you go into the 'conf_files' folder and open 'my.ini', or conversely click the context menu and go to 'Configuration->mySQL', it should open this file. Just look at the bottom, where it says:

; Uncomment for use on USB key
; skip-innodb

Delete the semi-colon in front of skip-innodb, and it works perfectly. You may need to rescan your config files each time you plug the usb drive in, and it does ask you this unless you turn it off in the settings, mainly because it's looking for a different drive letter. Nevertheless, it was built with portability as an option, and it's much smaller than most WAMPs out there today. I love it!

Like I said, anyone having trouble is free to email me with specifics, and I'll be happy to guide them in the right direction. This app should be on the 'Web Servers' list.

bowlingfiretree

#4 Post by bowlingfiretree »

Drutt wrote:Followed the directions described above and I receive this error when running EasyPHP.exe:

Same error after updating to 1801

Shame, seems to be a little lighter than WOS, which is my latest fav. toy
Drutt, your httpd.conf should be something like:

ServerRoot "${path}/apache"

although, it seems your file is modified. In my file, it was on line 64. You might try uninstalling, deleting, or whatever, and reinstalling fresh.

:?:

helphope

#5 Post by helphope »

Hi everybody
UniExtract, rename App folder and move to desired location.
If I try to "uniextract I got that EasyPhp... could no be extracted.

:?: [/url]

Drutt

#6 Post by Drutt »

Seems to me that it needs to be installed so all the references to {path} in the conf files are replaced with the correct install path... not all that portable if your USB drive letter changes often, great app none-the-less.

-ps, you need to use the latest beta of Inno to unpack it

bowlingfiretree

#7 Post by bowlingfiretree »

Drutt wrote:Seems to me that it needs to be installed so all the references to {path} in the conf files are replaced with the correct install path... not all that portable if your USB drive letter changes often, great app none-the-less.
Drutt,

Code: Select all

ServerRoot "${path}/apache" 
was meant literally. That's exactly as it appears in my conf file. The path is automatically detected everytime it runs. ${path} is an Apache environment variable, dynamically calculated. I wouldn't be able to run it on my iPod if it weren't. Trust me. My drive letter changes everyday.

If you mean that you need to install it first, yes, I believe that's true, but it's true of many apps already listed on this site. Still, you can copy it wherever you like as risk above said, and it works. There's no outside dependency that I can find whatsoever. I'm telling ya, it's extremely portable!

Tell me, did you happen to see the very first two lines of that file? :wink:

Drutt

#8 Post by Drutt »

Agreed, it's portable but it needs to be installed initially as unpacking it renders it unusable.
It's great but I'll stick with WOS for now :lol:

Midas

Re: EasyPHP

#9 Post by Midas »

Old topic update: EasyPHP DevServer is currently v14.1 (no detailed changelog, Github commit 2014-02-16); it now has two versions, VC9 for Windows XP up to 8, and VC11 for Windows 7/8 only. Download at http://www.easyphp.org/easyphp-devserver.php.