Easy Screencast Recorder

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Easy Screencast Recorder

#1 Post by webfork »

From the developer of Screenshot Captor, a feature-rich screen capture program.

Short version: still think ShareX is a better recorder overall, but the simplicity here is nice. I can see that point being useful when asking someone to remotely reproduce a bug or other issue.

Good
  • True to it's name, the program is very simple. Works right away with almost no tweaking or other annoyances. If you've got to record your screen and do it right now, this is a great solution.
  • Ability to capture or skip the cursor (several of the onscreen capture tools I've seen don't allow this)
  • Controls for framerate, countdown, and maximum file sizes
  • Uses (as far as I was able to tell) the most recent WMV compression. I noticed only a few video artifacts in even full screen mode.
Wishlist
  • Pause button (right now it's just start and stop)
  • More and clearer quality controls (right now it's just 1-100, which is mysterious.
  • Audio quality controls by bitrate - almost no one has a microphone that approaches even radio-quality audio.
  • Included WEBM, OGV, or MKV compression. There's a guide to enabling WEBM inside the help file, but it's a little time consuming. I'm not a big Microsoft video fan.
  • Little more in the way of a help file (it's almost empty)
  • ANY edit function (even just deleting a section at the beginning or end) ... so many screencasts could benefit from chopping off some extra data.
Status: Portable. Writes settings to: EasyScreencastRecorder.ini and EasyScreencastRecorder_tools.ini

Stealth: Untested

License: Freeware

Home
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/M ... index.html

Softpedia
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... able.shtml
Last edited by webfork on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (minor edits: license, formatting, and readability)

Midas

Re: Easy Screencast Recorder

#2 Post by Midas »

(Now, where's that like button...?) Nice. 8)

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:(Now, where's that like button...?) Nice. 8)
:) thanks

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

This program has saved me a few times when other options either didn't work for less technical friends of mine or when my own solutions took too long to setup. As such I have added it to the database.

Easy Screencast Recorder
https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2840

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Right now this is listed in the license space for the program:
Registerware for personal use; a license key must be obtained from DonationCoder (either by donating or by registering in their forums for free) to remove the nag message.
I've been using the program for months and I've never seen a nag or register screen. If I had, I would not have added it to the database.

Anyway, that is what the text of the site says so I'll leave it as-is.