Office Image Extraction Wizard

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
mmx64

#1 Post by mmx64 »

[Mod note: this is the primary Office Image Extraction Wizard program thread. View database entry]

----

Office Image Extraction Wizard 4.1

Office Image Extraction Wizard allows you to easily extract images from many "office type" documents and ebook formats, and save these as normal picture files on your hard drive. More than 45 common file formats are supported! Images are extracted in their original format, with no image processing or re-compression being performed, so no quality is lost during the extraction. It does not require MS Office to work.

Requires VB6 runtime files
Download link: www.rlvision.com /script/download.asp?file=OfficeImageExtractionWizard_Portable.zip

Note: This was previously shareware, but is now free, open source.

[Full changelog at https://www.rlvision.com/officewiz/about.php]

I am Baas

Re: Office Image Extraction Wizard

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Tested OfficeWiz v4.1: Portable

Shows harmless ad after completing the extraction:

2015-03-30_133323.png

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

From the author of Replace Genius viewtopic.php?t=20604 and several other cool freeware tools.
Due to its complexity, PDF documents are not supported by this program. Instead use my other application, the specialized PDF Image Extraction Wizard to extract images from PDF files!
This is an understandable limitation. Some PDFs don't distinguish between the image and the rest of the document so the "image extraction" would just be converting the entire PDF to image files.

License: GPL v3 license: https://github.com/rlv-dan/OfficeWiz

From that site:
Please note: This code is old and neither well structured or well commented. I release it here for reference only.
Good stuff. Many devs I've spoken to have been reluctant to give out their code on projects they've set aside because it's "ugly".
I am Baas wrote:Tested OfficeWiz v4.1: Portable
Cool, thanks.

Edit: should note that this supports a TON of formats from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, to Apple's iWork and Shockwave Flash. This would be a great tool for any manual conversions from one format to another.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

It's been on my list of stuff to add too long so here it is:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2730

Having fought with a variety of programs to develop a good template system. I can see this being hugely useful to quickly get a database of group/company/stock images.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Thanks for adding it to the DB, webfork.