clearinghouse/discussion board for commercial portablware?

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
verbatim

clearinghouse/discussion board for commercial portablware?

#1 Post by verbatim »

I am seeking a specific commercial ware title that i saw and was impressed with at the time. unfortunately, i forgot the name. it permitted installation of ANY application: Photoshop, whatever. it had a very unusual name and was plug and play; it didn't require altering the bios. upon plugin it asked for a user/pass, and was it's own self contained private environment, with its own desktop, etc.... so i could essentially toggle between two different desktop environments. it was created by a team of Indian programmers

Does anyone know the name of this commercial ware or know of a forum of people who might know it?

NMC

Maybe you saw....

#2 Post by NMC »

Ceedo - google it and you should find it. If you decide to try it you will need their add on " Argo" to "install anything". At the moment it will not install anything though. MSI installers are not supported at the moment but plenty other apps will install just fine.
I use Ceedo and can recommend it highly.
Regards NMC

Devils Advocate

Mojopac

#3 Post by Devils Advocate »

Another alternative, is Mojopac. The only downside to this is the need for adminstrator rights. It loads up as a windows environment. I have not fond a programme todate which doesn't work.

Version 2 should remove the need for administrators rights.

Handy for all those programs that have not yet been adapted for portable use.

Hope that this is of use. Mojopac is available for a months trial (I think).

Not freeware but definitely portable.

Banshee

might be overkill but.....

#4 Post by Banshee »

you could always use qEmu portable, then you really can do anything.