TAudioConverter

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: TAudioConverter

#46 Post by joby_toss »

I can visit the fosshub page fine, too. The download links are not working for me, though.
The sourceforge links work fine, thanks.

Checker

#47 Post by Checker »

@ ozok: Database entry updated :wink:
@ joby-toss: No problems with the fosshub and sourceforge links.

ozok

#48 Post by ozok »

I got a reply from fosshub admins. They re-uploaded files so they should work now. It seems, somehow, I deleted those files right after uploading them.

joby_toss

#49 Post by joby_toss »

It's fine now, thank you!

ozok

#50 Post by ozok »

If you downloaded 64bit portable version, please re-download from one of the download locations. Somehow, I place installer version of the program exe in the portable version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: it may take a while before fixed packages appear.

JohnTHaller

#51 Post by JohnTHaller »

ozok wrote:If you downloaded 64bit portable version, please re-download from one of the download locations. Somehow, I place installer version of the program exe in the portable version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: it may take a while before fixed packages appear.
The fixed version is already up on SourceForge. For anyone who uses both the 32-bit and 64-bit package and has them both downloaded, just copy the TAudioConverter.exe from the 32-bit to the 64-bit to fix the 64-bit package and save yourself the bandwidth.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

Midas

#52 Post by Midas »

Does anyone know why I'm getting the following error when I run TAudioConverter portable in Windows XP Pro SP3?
Attachments
tac-error.png
tac-error.png (6.88 KiB) Viewed 18279 times

loin2kolpotoru

#53 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

This error might be not running TAC as administrator. Try running Tac as Administrator.

ozok

#54 Post by ozok »

@Midas you get the error because you don't have a cd/dvd rom or program is unable to detect it. There isn't much I can do about it since error is caused by cdrip.dll and I can't alter its source (it's written in C/C++ AFAIK). It must be annoying but it is harmless unless you have a drive and program fails to detect it.

Edit: I will report this error to cdrip.dll Delphi wrapper developers.

JohnTHaller

#55 Post by JohnTHaller »

ozok wrote:@Midas you get the error because you don't have a cd/dvd rom or program is unable to detect it. There isn't much I can do about it since error is caused by cdrip.dll and I can't alter its source (it's written in C/C++ AFAIK). It must be annoying but it is harmless unless you have a drive and program fails to detect it.

Edit: I will report this error to cdrip.dll Delphi wrapper developers.
ozok - Before you instantiate/load the DLL, you could check the local system to see if there are any optical drives present. Looping through the available drives and then checking GetDriveType on each wouldn't cost much CPU at all and would alleviate the error for end users. It'll be cropping up more and more since so may laptops now lack optical drives. This Delphi code will probably help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5635 ... windows-pc
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

Midas

#56 Post by Midas »

ozok wrote:@Midas you get the error because you don't have a cd/dvd rom or program is unable to detect it.
  • You are completely right, ozok. I would have noticed that myself, but I was under the impression that I was on a similar Windows XP Pro SP3 computer, which has an optical drive -- when, in fact, I was on a laptop that has Windows 7 SP1 and no optical drive. Sorry for that... :oops:

fullbug

#57 Post by fullbug »

I tried converting M4B files to MP3 today with this program, all I got was errors, can anyone suggest another program that might work?

ozok

#58 Post by ozok »

fullbug wrote:I tried converting M4B files to MP3 today with this program, all I got was errors, can anyone suggest another program that might work?
What sort of errors do you get?

giulia

#59 Post by giulia »

TAudioConverter version: 0.9.8 is out stable

SYSTEM

#60 Post by SYSTEM »

giulia wrote:TAudioConverter version: 0.9.8 is out stable
I see it's available for download, but it's not mentioned in the changelog or announced in the website. Looks like it hasn't been released just yet.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020