JPE - a change of plans

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
redllar

#16 Post by redllar »

zikarus wrote:Dear redllar,

I have to admit that I do not really understand what are the reasons for your sudden drawback. Maybe it is just my lack of an english mothertongue but I cannot find any comments on the PAFC JauntPE page that would clear things up for me (in a sense of obviously offended sensibilities).
Well Z, I guess you missed the first set of posts before Andrew deleted them. There are a few TPFC members who posted in the JPE comments during that time as well as I. If you want an unbiased opinion as to what he said/she said, I suggest you see what they have to say.

BTW, there are new posts out there that only serve to reinforce my decision and opinions. I don't know what planet this guy is from but he sure ain't from my country; we abolished slavery a few years back. We don't have much to be proud about these days but that's a different subject for a different forum.

So I've asked Andrew again to delete the JauntePE entry from his database. If the twinkies want to come onto this forum and ruin it as well, that's fine with me. It's just a little utility after all and not really worth the bother. I'll just bow out and work on JPE to get one final release to those who feel the same as I.

redllar

#17 Post by redllar »

BTW, thanks to all of you who "get it" and have posted here.

And for those who have sent me PMs, I haven't read any of them yet and probably won't do so for a few days. Last thing I want is to read some from the wankers and send myself on a "beat the hell out of the neighborhood bully" binge and wind up in jail.

lbaty

#18 Post by lbaty »

I love JPE. It is a fantastic tool to help make freeware apps portable avoiding contamination of the host registry and filesystem.

I've read all the posts in this thread but can't understand why Redlar has decided to withdraw the app from public access.
redllar wrote:(to zikarus)
Well Z, I guess you missed the first set of posts before Andrew deleted them. There are a few TPFC members who posted in the JPE comments during that time as well as I. If you want an unbiased opinion as to what he said/she said, I suggest you see what they have to say.
Guess I missed these posts also. I would like to hear this unbiased opinion, but who do I ask?

What really happened?

Like many others, I would like to see this utility continued.
Is there anything I/we can do to help?

grannyGeek

#19 Post by grannyGeek »

A flock of rude folks were trading links for their own (questionable) software. The comments section for another developer's application is not the venue for that sort of thing.

Sort of like thread hi-jacking, but even more discourteous and inappropriate :evil: .

redllar

#20 Post by redllar »

Is there anything I/we can do to help?
Hey lbaty. Personally, all I've ever asked for are 2 things: don't be disrespectful (of anyone, not just me), and help out your fellow users where you can. Since I happen to be the dev of the app I've been trying to help out with problems. Thanks to those that have posted, a number of bugs have been found and fixed. And most of them weren't found by me.

I think that's it. Post in this forum about the problems you're having, what you like, what you don't like, what you know that you think might be useful to others. You know, a normal forum.

Anyway, this is the JPE user's forum. So I'll shut up now.

zikarus

#21 Post by zikarus »

redllar wrote:
zikarus wrote:...

BTW, there are new posts out there that only serve to reinforce my decision and opinions. I don't know what planet this guy is from but he sure ain't from my country; we abolished slavery a few years back. We don't have much to be proud about these days but that's a different subject for a different forum.

So I've asked Andrew again to delete the JauntePE entry from his database. If the twinkies want to come onto this forum and ruin it as well, that's fine with me. It's just a little utility after all and not really worth the bother. I'll just bow out and work on JPE to get one final release to those who feel the same as I.

Yes redllar I seem to have missed the first posts, but I have now read some of the new ones and can understand your point of view much better.

Nevertheless I regret your backdraw and hope that sometime you may step into the public spotlight once more. The vast majority of users here actually do respect your work as well as your all-time helpfulness on issues with JauntPE. So don't let the few fools and trolls succeed! That may be the one point that the comment author named Ron has...

My best wishes
z.

chezduong

#22 Post by chezduong »

Jaunte PE just moved into the 2nd most popular position at 7588 votes. I don't know who is voting, but 400 votes in a few days is pretty impressive.

@Andrew is there any way to find out if this is real or if the votes are coming from a bot/script/individual machine? I know that it seems unlikely because of the authentication method, but...

Kranor

#23 Post by Kranor »

Hi Redlar,
Considering what happened I will not beg you to stay on this forum or continue developing JPE. I did read the comments before deletion. And I understand your decision completely. I for one will continue to test apps with JPE and can any script kiddies guess why? !BECAUSE IT WORKS! I have seen too many 'portable' apps that leave a messy trail of detritus behind them. Non of what happens with a App that has been JPE'd. So PM on the way and thanks for all your work, and any work that you make available in the future. :D

Zach Thibeau

#24 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Kranor wrote:Hi Redlar,
Considering what happened I will not beg you to stay on this forum or continue developing JPE. I did read the comments before deletion. And I understand your decision completely. I for one will continue to test apps with JPE and can any script kiddies guess why? !BECAUSE IT WORKS! I have seen too many 'portable' apps that leave a messy trail of detritus behind them. Non of what happens with a App that has been JPE'd. So PM on the way and thanks for all your work, and any work that you make available in the future. :D
Well To be honest with you I'm kind of one of those script kiddies except I not a kid but a 20 yr old and I always make sure none of my scripts leave anything (Well not at first thats why I beta test :D) but I do agree with Redllar about his decision and I use JauntePE not only to make portable apps but also to help me out discover how an app works and what settings it uses :D.
I admit at first I wasn't to happy about JauntePE but it grew on me and Just a word of encouragement Redllar
Though there be trials and tribulations always try your best and shine above them all and let the silver lining show
Good luck on what you ever decide to do and hope you stick around these forums ;)

redllar

#25 Post by redllar »

You may be a script kiddie, thibeaz, but you don't treat others with derision either. I guess I used that term because that's who made the posts. So let me re-phrase and say "assbag script kiddies." It's okay by me if you're in the first or the last group. Just not both. I happen to be in the first myself.

Zach Thibeau

#26 Post by Zach Thibeau »

redllar wrote:You may be a script kiddie, thibeaz, but you don't treat others with derision either. I guess I used that term because that's who made the posts. So let me re-phrase and say "assbag script kiddies." It's okay by me if you're in the first or the last group. Just not both. I happen to be in the first myself.
It's Ok Redllar it's forgiven.
anyways I try to be nice. I guess it comes with being a person that trys to live a Christian walk

Andrew Lee

#27 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have not been able to change redllar's mind, so I have removed JauntePE from the database as he requested.

All the best to all of you working with him to get the final release of JauntePE out to the world!

redllar

#28 Post by redllar »

Thanks for being so understanding Andrew. These guys are full of good ideas.

Ttech

#29 Post by Ttech »

redllar good luck and thanks for this great (and amazing) software.
Its sad to see this type of thing to a great developer and a great piece of software.

I didn't think about registering till now, should have done it a long time ago. But then again, I just recently started using JauntPE. :)