size of program can be of (download) also

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
apph

size of program can be of (download) also

#1 Post by apph »

I had this idea in my mind from some bit of time and now i post it.

Currently the program listing page shows only the 'uncompressed' size, i want to ask can't it not show the 'download' size of the program. this helps in getting idea of how much time it will take to download and then how much disk space it will require to sit in the disk if we are not going to extract and install it.

Also i see that most software-download sites give the download size, then why does TPFC give the install size . download sizes should be used instead.

SYSTEM

Re: size of program can be of (download) also

#2 Post by SYSTEM »

apph wrote:Also i see that most software-download sites give the download size, then why does TPFC give the install size . download sizes should be used instead.
I think uncompressed sizes are much more useful. The reason most download sites don't count it is that it's difficult to count, especially for non-portable software.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

apph

#3 Post by apph »

-SYSTEM
you may be right on your word. but I can still suggest a '/' method to show both the sizes . example ---

1 MB Download / 3 MB Install or simply 1 MB/3 MB , something similar to seen in the PortableApps.com site.

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

apph wrote:but I can still suggest a '/' method to show both the sizes
Not what you first said...
apph wrote:download sizes should be used instead.

apph

#5 Post by apph »

ya, i first said about only using 'download sizes' but SYSTEM is right on his point and I don't think there is any harm in showing both the forms, it is going to be more informative