Replace non-portable-tBird with portable-tBird

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
vmars316

Replace non-portable-tBird with portable-tBird

#1 Post by vmars316 »

Hello & Thanks ,
I want to replace my non-portable-tBird with newest portable-tBird . I was hoping I could find the addressBooks and emailMessages , and just copy them over .
But can't find old addressBooks .
Has anyone done this Replacement successfully ??
And know what needs to be done ?
Thanks...Vernon

JohnTHaller

Re: Replace non-portable-tBird with portable-tBird

#2 Post by JohnTHaller »

On the Mozilla Thunderbird, Portable Edition support page there are some instructions:
http://portableapps.com/support/thunder ... al_profile
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

vmars316

Re: Replace non-portable-tBird with portable-tBird

#3 Post by vmars316 »

http://portableapps.com/support/thunder ... al_profile

The following worked out fine:

Using Thunderbird Portable

To start up Thunderbird Portable, just double-click PortableThunderbird.exe where you installed Portable Thunderbird on your portable drive. Then, use it just like you would a local copy of Thunderbird. There are a couple of things to keep in mind:

Stay Safe - When using portable apps, it's always a good idea to practice Safe Portable App-ing.
Removing Your Drive - When you're done, exit Thunderbird and then wait for the activity light on your removable drive to stop flashing. This may take a minute or more on slow drives or computers. Then select the 'Safely remove [device]' option from the icon in the system tray. If you remove the drive while it is writing, you may lose data.

Thanks..vm