Universal Extractor Update (Gora version)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: Universal Extractor Update

#91 Post by Midas »

gora wrote:
webfork wrote:if you can do it via the terms of the license: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Gener ... ic_License (на русском языке)
I can not convey their thoughts in English. I will allow myself a few words of farewell in Russian. You'll have to excuse me ... :(
Google Translate wrote:After these words, and even from a moderator, hope for help on your forum I should not ... Even if someone else and would like to help, after this post, they just do not dare to do so.

1 Most of the branches devoted to the "open source" and resentment over the fact that I do not spread your sources. I say break the GNU and I mean "outside the law". So my version of the UE and also illegal?! Why should you use it and get in line with me, that become too "outside the law".
Then, following your logic, you need to remove all the links from your site to this illegal product and to prohibit the discussion here!

2 Jared Breland stopped supporting UE back in 2010. His sources are already 3 years on its website. Do you know many people who took up the project support UE? That corrects errors in the source code, add features? Please provide a link to such projects! Where are they??
No response, apparently everyone was too lazy to support the development of the UE!

- Will my option works best when its source code will be available? - No!
- Is he reliable? - No!
- Will there be any assistants who will take part worries on their shoulders? - No!
- Will there be a fake? - Yes!
- Easier to be thrust back trojan \ virus bad guys? - Yes!
Well, why would I upload the source code!?

4 I turned here for help in translation to other languages, and in return received an ultimatum. And who needs these languages? I? I have enough Russian that I can always make and renew itself. Other languages ​​you need, speakers of these languages, but even so, you do not want to help me. :(

Summary ...
Apparently I was wrong door and went the wrong way.

Sorry for the time taken away from you.

Good luck to all!

webfork

#92 Post by webfork »

I realize this is much more difficult because it's a different language, but I hope you'll take the time to consider the following:
Even if someone else and would like to help, after this post, they just do not dare to do so.
That's not how it works here. People here frequently disagree with me and that's fine. The site owner (not me) draws the line at trolling and piracy, not license issues (see this thread for an example).
I turned here for help in translation to other languages, and in return received an ultimatum. And who needs these languages? I? I have enough Russian that I can always make and renew itself. Other languages ??you need, speakers of these languages, but even so, you do not want to help me. :(
I don't think you're doing anyone a favor by taking an open program and making it closed. Plus, I offer more than just help with translation: I will also assist in promoting your program, bug reports, feature suggestions, documentation, etc. Developers are not the only component in good software.
Why should you use it and get in line with me, that become too "outside the law".
I don't know how the GPL works with Russian law, but the it has made Linux and many other programs a huge success by creating a community and encouraging involvement and cooperation. Taking something open and making it closed does not encourage that community. I choose not to participate in something like that, but that's my decision alone.

Midas

#93 Post by Midas »

spicydog

#94 Post by spicydog »

Midas wrote:Latest Universal Extractor update by gora is v1.7.9.95.
Cheers Midas :) and HAPPY NEW YEAR buddy :mrgreen:

Midas

#95 Post by Midas »

spicydog wrote:Cheers Midas :) and HAPPY NEW YEAR buddy :mrgreen:
  • Thanks, mate. And cheers to you too. 8)

joby_toss

#96 Post by joby_toss »

A nice article with some useful information and download links (for Gora version, too): https://www.raymond.cc/blog/portable-un ... ive-files/

webfork

#97 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote:A nice article with some useful information and download links (for Gora version, too): https://www.raymond.cc/blog/portable-un ... ive-files/
Good stuff, thanks.

webfork

Re: Universal Extractor Update (Gora version)

#98 Post by webfork »

[Moderator note: posts around the Lupo version of Universal Extractor have been given their own thread.]

Userfriendly

#99 Post by Userfriendly »

UniExtract gora version updated to v1.9.9.189c.
Download: http://tinyurl.com/UniExt-199-189

Not sure what most of the changes are but I like to keep 5 different forks handy just in case. So lupo, koros, and gora are still being updated. The amritius/sevenoptimus one is dead. LonerD version which looks similar to gora version is dead too. Though I find it weird that the current gora version has the archive password protected with the LonerD name mentioned...

Right now though I'm primarily using the koros one which at least has the source code available.

Userfriendly

#100 Post by Userfriendly »

Full installation updated to v1.9.9.191. If you have an older version, check updates within app and it will download newer v1.9.9.192a.

Download: http://tinyurl.com/UniExt-199-191

Midas

#101 Post by Midas »

I tried to update an old portable of UniExtractor (Gora's fork v1.7.9.95Y) and for the first time in... what? Months? Years? It did download updates (other that 'TriID.def'), only to started failing the downloads halfway through every time I restarted it. Thanks for the links, Userfriendly. 8)

I am Baas

#102 Post by I am Baas »

Universal Extractor gora mod was updated to v1.9.9.194

webfork

#103 Post by webfork »

[Moderator note: issues surrounding the gora archive password and viewing unicode characters were given their own thread.]

DougCuk

#104 Post by DougCuk »

The auto-update from v1.7.9.95 to v1.9.9.19x doesn't work for me
Program detects 89 new files required and starts to download
- but download only completes for 18 of those files.
- the remaining 71 files show a red error message "Failed to download file"
- re-running the update just attempts and fails to download the missing 71 files
The main exe file is updated to v1.9.9 but will not run (due to the missing files I assume)

I then attempted a clean install using the gora Full Installer v1.9.9.191
But ran into the Cyrillic password problem
- I read the other thread which shows the correct Russian characters
- but still can't extract the files as all attempts to provide the password fail

NOTE: I am using the cmd-prompt version of 7z.exe (v15.5.0) for the extract
I can not enter the Cyrillic characters from a UK English keyboard
- I tried using Cut & Paste to enter the Cyrillic password but it fails
- I don't think the cmd-prompt window accepts Cyrillic characters
- how do you enter the password correctly??

Do I need to use the GUI version of 7zip to allow for Cut & Paste of the Cyrillic characters??

I tried emailing Gora for help but am not getting helpful answers
- he just points to various forum posts like this one
- but fails to explain how to enter his password and get it accepted

FYI Running Google translate on the password generates: LonerD - Pavlusha Dergunov - BOP.
In desperation I tried using that - but still no luck

Can anyone explain how to extract the installer on an English Windows system?

Userfriendly

#105 Post by Userfriendly »

Updated to v1.9.10.195. I will just post direct links from now on and hope gora doesn't mind. Last time he was here it didn't end well... after sorta being attacked for the source code.

Download link for the latest full installer is also revealed if you check updates in the app itself.

Download: http://gora.7zsfx.info/addons/Universal ... 8_22-05.7z
DougCuk wrote:Can anyone explain how to extract the installer on an English Windows system?
The password includes the Cyrillic characters and the period at the end of it. It's probably easier to just use 7zip or winrar gui since those support unicode. Not sure if 7z cli and command prompt has a problem passing unicode characters through.

I was able to extract it just fine with 7zip cli though. Don't let it ask for the password. Put it in the command. You need to add -p"PASSWORD" (with quotes since the password has spaces)

example:

Code: Select all

7z.exe e Universal_Extractor.7z -p"LonerD - павлуша дергунов - ВОР."
Last edited by Userfriendly on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.