Universal Extractor Update (Gora version)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
gora

Re: Universal Extractor Update

#76 Post by gora »

spicydog wrote:@ gora: I would like to help but please see what you can do something about this:
Sorry my English is my native language is Russian.

It is delirium and paranoid Nod.
If in doubt, do not need help. Need translators who believe and not doubt.

Thank you.

guinness

#77 Post by guinness »

gora wrote:Translators are needed for the UE. Who wants to help? Who can help? Who wants and can to help?
I can help with the code. For example I could implement "on the fly" changing of the language, without the need for restarting.

Secondly, why doesn't the installer offer an option of a Portable extract? I could also create an Installer in NSIS with hgih compression and options to install or extract. This is the installer I use for my software >>

Userfriendly

#78 Post by Userfriendly »

gora wrote:
spicydog wrote:@ gora: I would like to help but please see what you can do something about this:
Sorry my English is my native language is Russian.

It is delirium and paranoid Nod.
If in doubt, do not need help. Need translators who believe and not doubt.

Thank you.
In other words, it's a false positive detected by the antivirus. Known problem with AutoIt EXE's. More info: http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/AutoIt_and_Malware

Guinness really really wants to see the source code. That's why he's offering help :D

It would be really awesome if you guys can work to together to make it better.
Last edited by Userfriendly on Fri May 24, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

#79 Post by guinness »

The only way around this is to contact the anti-virus developer. I also bet gora is using UPX to compress the executable which has nothing to do with AutoIt and accounts for most of the false positives.

spicydog

#80 Post by spicydog »

Yes guys, I am fully aware of this since it has been going on for quite a while. Actually I was under the impression that AutoIt developers already distanced themselves from UPX compression because of the very annoying flagging of most AV.

What I meant when I wrote to gora was this very simple concept (which is also the most practical solution since submitting for analysis to AV dev did not solve the issue):

"Please do not use UPX".

"Пожалуйста, не используйте UPX"

I thank gora for his/her kind understanding and I look forward to seeing an uncompressed version soon :mrgreen:

gora

#81 Post by gora »

guinness wrote:I can help with the code. For example I could implement "on the fly" changing of the language, without the need for restarting.
Thank you, maybe later. Now it is not a priority.
guinness wrote:Secondly, why doesn't the installer offer an option of a Portable extract?
Extract the installer (set on VM), copy the folder of the program - is a portable version. Although the UE can not be completely portable program (see original source)
guinness wrote:The only way around this is to contact the anti-virus developer. I also bet gora is using UPX to compress the executable which has nothing to do with AutoIt and accounts for most of the false positives.
I do not use UPX compression. This can be seen in size UE. Moreover, I removed the UPX compression on all utilities in the bin folder

Thank you all, but my question \ request to translate has remained unanswered. :(

guinness

#82 Post by guinness »

Where is the source code please? You're releasing this under GPL and are in clear violation of the GPL license.

Midas

#83 Post by Midas »

gora wrote:Translators are needed for the UE. Who wants to help? Who can help? Who wants and can to help?
I'm a believer: I want. I can. I want and I can help. :mrgreen:

Just point me to source and desired methodology and I'll get back to you ASAP...

Userfriendly

#84 Post by Userfriendly »

Pretty sure you just need to edit one of the <lang>.INI files included with the program.

gora

#85 Post by gora »

Midas wrote:I'm a believer: I want. I can. I want and I can help.
UE has already completed 11 languages:

Code: Select all

Chinese (Simplified)
Chinese (Traditional)
English
French
Hebrew
Italian
Polish
Portuguese (Brazilian)
Russian
Spanish
Ukrainian
Can do any other if it is your native language or you own it perfectly

Details for translators here (sorry, only in Russian)
Pay attention to paragraph 2 - it is a prerequisite.
The rest of me in an email (my email is in each language file)

@guinness
No comment, sorry.

webfork

#86 Post by webfork »

gora wrote:Need translators who believe
Glad to help with the translation if you can do it via the terms of the license: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Gener ... ic_License (на русском языке)

guinness

#87 Post by guinness »

No comment? Pity.

gora

#88 Post by gora »

loin2kolpotoru

#89 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

Please add a graphical progress bar for the extraction process similar to the update progress bar.

gora

#90 Post by gora »

webfork wrote:if you can do it via the terms of the license: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Gener ... ic_License (на русском языке)
I can not convey their thoughts in English. I will allow myself a few words of farewell in Russian. You'll have to excuse me ... :(

После таких слов, да еще и от модератора, надеяться на помощь на вашем форуме мне не стоит... Даже если кто-то еще и хотел бы помочь, то после этого поста они просто не посмеют этого сделать.

1 Большая часть ветки посвящена вопросам "открытых исходников" и возмущениям по поводу того, что я не выкладываю свои исходники. Я мол нарушаю GNU и значит я "вне закона". Значит и мой вариант UE тоже незаконен!? Зачем же вы им пользуетесь и становитесь в один ряд со мной, т.е. становитесь тоже "вне закона".
Тогда, следуя вашей логике, нужно убрать все ссылки с вашего сайта на этот незаконный продукт и запретить здесь его обсуждение!

2 Jared Breland прекратил поддержку UE еще в 2010 году. Его исходники лежат уже 3 года на его сайте. Много ли вы знаете людей, которые взялись за поддержку проекта UE? Которые исправляют ошибки в исходниках, добавляют функционал? Приведите, пожалуйста, ссылки на такие проекты! Где они есть???
Ответа не последует, видимо всем было лень поддерживать развитие UE!

- Станет ли мой вариант работать лучше, если будут выложены его исходники? - Нет!
- Станет ли он надежнее? - Нет!
- Появятся ли помощники, которые возьмут части забот на свои плечи? - Нет!
- Появятся ли подделки? - Да!
- Легче ли будет засунуть туда троян\вирус нехорошим парням? - Да!
Ну и зачем тогда мне выкладывать исходники!?

4 Я обратился сюда за помощью в переводе на другие языки, а в ответ получил ультиматум. А кому нужны эти языки? Мне? Мне хватает и русского, который я всегда смогу сделать и обновить сам. Другие языки нужны вам, носителям этих языков, но даже в этом вы не хотите мне помочь. :(

Резюме...
Видимо я ошибся дверью и не туда зашел.

Извините за отнятое у вас время.

Успехов всем!