Video To Video

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Wolfghost

Video To Video

#1 Post by Wolfghost »

Added to TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2337

Please vote now !! :wink:

stevegutry

Re: Video To Video

#2 Post by stevegutry »

I just tried this out and I am confused by the logic of this program!!
I have 4 parts of a video numbered 1 to 4 and tried to join them together as one.
I selected them in my file manager in the order 1,2,3,4.
This program joined them but put the number 4 segment at the start - in this sequence: 4,1,2,3 and there is no visble way that I could see how to get the number 4 segment to be at the end.

Ruby

#3 Post by Ruby »

This program has been updated since being added to TPFC, but the update process (and install for that matter) is a bit awkward.

To install, you place the self-extracting exe (vvportable.exe) in and empty folder (required/mandatory) and all files AND the actual program exe are extracted, you can then delete the self-extracting exe and launch the program (vv.exe)

The only way to update is to follow the procedure above and then copy (or diff/compare the folders) over to the current installation folder.

I tried running the self-extract exe from the program/installation folder but this only launched the current (read: no version update) program.

~Ruby

Kea

#4 Post by Kea »

stevegutry wrote:I just tried this out and I am confused by the logic of this program!!
I have 4 parts of a video numbered 1 to 4 and tried to join them together as one.
I selected them in my file manager in the order 1,2,3,4.
This program joined them but put the number 4 segment at the start - in this sequence: 4,1,2,3 and there is no visble way that I could see how to get the number 4 segment to be at the end.
I remember that I had the same problem with AF5 Rename Your Files in Windows XP (not in Windows 7). The solution then was to select the files in "wrong" order - not 1, 2, 3, 4, but 4, 1, 2, 3. Is that a possible solution for you?

Karin

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Program was listed as Gnu General, but I can't find anything on the site about an open license. Updated to how softpedia lists it: Freeware.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

A video program like this is the perfect reason to use portable software: almost everyone has access to a much faster machine that's not their home computer that can cut the encoding time dramatically. Much in the way I couldn't imagine an adequate portable collection without LibreOffice and Recuva, this is one I'd like to always have with me. This program is a feature monster and includes tools for joining/splitting audio or video files, and even burning Videos to DVD (I haven't tested these yet).

Support fine grained encoding controls for audio and video quality, as well as hundreds of encoding profiles for specific devices including Apple, Android, Sony, Blackberry, Mobile, and Other Devices, as well as Youtube and high definition outputs (up to 1008p), even GIF animations. Additional options are also available to rotate, Crop, Filters (sharpen, color-correction, contrast, etc.) and more. Includes preview function. I had some issues with a few of the filters, but they may have been updated in the latest version.

Best of all the developers appear to be really creating this for portable users. Anyway, good add.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Did an audio conversion test using this program yesterday and was pleasantly surprised...
  • I was converting several items for analysis and cleanup, but for some reason my recording device only records in Stereo (despite having a single mic input). The export took a lot of extra time (at minimum twice as long). The only converter I had on my computer (including LameXP, XMedia Recode, and Fre:ac) to export to single-channel WAV audio output.
  • Seemed to work faster than other available tools, although I didn't do a side-by-side test.
  • I also had some errors with the conversion using some of the other converters mentioned, but I haven't been diligent about keeping them up to date so that may be an issue that's already been cleared up.
One caveat: it auto-normalized the audio, which was a great thing in this circumstance, but I generally prefer my own normalizing methods.

yona

#8 Post by yona »

Who wrote "Video to Video"?
He is connected with videotovideo.org and possibly some other adresses
But who is this, where is he located? (Even Norton cannot answer this)
Softpedia and cnet have no place for "video to Video". Why
Can anyone find out what is going on.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

yona wrote:where is he located?
How do you know it's a "he"?
yona wrote:Who wrote "Video to Video"?
http://www.videotovideo.org/contact.php
yona wrote:Softpedia and cnet have no place for "video to Video". Why
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... ideo.shtml

SYSTEM

#10 Post by SYSTEM »

I believe yona's post is spam...
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:I believe yona's post is spam...
Agreed -- I'll lock the post until I hear otherwise.

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

Been using this program a lot recently and came across something that struck me as odd:

The program doesn't run multi-threaded on a quad-core win7x64 system, meaning it can't get above 25% processor power. This is a concern primarily with large file operations like DVD-to-video conversions, which already take a big chunk of processor power. I don't know if this is really an issue or not: it still compressed a 100 meg file into a smaller 70 meg file in about 5 mins.

NOTE: I was testing the Ogg Video (OGM) and Quicktime (MOV) video converter. Other tools inside the program might work on multi-core systems.

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

Been working with this program on and off for a few weeks now. The sharpening filter is very good, as well as some color correction options. The program did crash once when I changed the sharpness level, but seems like an intermittent issue.

Additionally, the program doesn't appear to be multi-threaded on my quad-core win7x64 system. It can't get above 25% processor power. This is a concern primarily with operations like DVD -to-video conversions, which already take a big chunk of processor power. I don't know if this is really an issue or not: it was still really fast, compressing a 100 meg file into a smaller 70 meg file (.MOV file) in about 5 mins.

webfork

#14 Post by webfork »

More testing notes from working with this program if anyone's interested:

Basic video creation/editor bits Includes a slideshow presentation video maker, audio-video mixer (put your own audio to a video), split, convert to DVD, burn DVDs, burn DVD video, video thumbnails, and a commercial remover (great for cutting out anything in a video you don't want).

Video Sharpening - I've used 20+ graphics sharpening tools but never a video function. The sharpening filter on V2V is fantastic. There are also some color correction options here that are very nice They did crash once when I changed the sharpness level, but this was an intermittent issue.

Processor issue Doesn't appear to be multi-threaded on my quad-core win7x64 system. It can't get above 25% processor power. This is a concern primarily with operations like DVD -to-video conversions, which already take a big chunk of processor power. I don't know if this is really an issue or not: it still compressed a 100 meg file into a smaller 70 meg file in about 5 mins.

I talked to a systems guy about this who said that multi-threading in this area was unusual, but several audio compression programs here on the site have that capability.

Userfriendly

#15 Post by Userfriendly »

Looks like V2V is a front end for various encoding tools. It has ffmpeg which is multi-threaded only for certain codecs I think. Also has avisynth which is normally single thread but has a MT fork you can probably replace with. Then it has a bunch of DVD stuff which I'm not so sure about but is probably single thread as well.