How make Yahoo! Messenger portable?

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
rilwis

How make Yahoo! Messenger portable?

#1 Post by rilwis »

I tried to use Universal Extractor and JauntePE to make Yahoo! Messenger 8.1 portable but not successed, the executable file did not run :(.

Can anyone help me?

Firewrath

#2 Post by Firewrath »

ok, wow,
just had a few minutes and checked it out,

what i think you should do,
is, download it,
install it,
(Make Sure you only install the Messenger though, and not all that other junk, :P)
make a portable version in another folder,

then uninstall it,

That should work,

otherwise,
idk how JPE is going to interact with its installer as it trys to download the files,

it seemed to work ok with me,
but locked up for a bit and i got tired of waiting on it, :P

sorry, i cant really be much more help then that, -_-

Rykenden

#3 Post by Rykenden »

It's possible to do. I did a write up on this on another forum:

http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/yahoo ... post216622

Basically, a few files need to be registered before ym will run sans install. Thus, you may need administrative rights on the computer you're attempting to run this on. The process is no perfect, but it works for me.

I have some .bat files I use to start and stop ym off a usb. I'm not sure what the forums rules are here regarding posting batch files.... so...

rilwis

#4 Post by rilwis »

Thank you very much. I will try it now!

Rykenden

#5 Post by Rykenden »

no problem. let me know how it works out for you. pm me if you need help and want to see the batch files that I use.

rilwis

#6 Post by rilwis »

Thanks you so much. It works perfectly. I tried others portable version of Yahoo! Messenger but yours is the best. Thanks again.

PS: You can make 2 bat file be one? And hide the command window when Yahoo is running?