Volume2

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Userfriendly

Volume2

#1 Post by Userfriendly »

Volume2 Portable description
Advanced Windows volume control

Volume2 Portable is a reliable utility designed as a replacement for the standard Volume Control. This application lets you easily change the sound volume just by rotating the mouse wheel or by using keyboard hot keys or just mouse move on screen border.

It includes an audio mixer with advanced volume controls support, a scheduler, an on-screen display, command line support, the ability to store and recall different unlimited presets via one mouse click or system-wide hot keys.
Homepage(russian): http://my.opera.com/irzyxa/blog/
Deviantart(english): http://irzyxa.deviantart.com/
Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25826071/Volume2_1_1_3_234.zip
Download (latest beta): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25826071/Volume2.rar
ImageImage
Download archive and extract. Writes settings 'Config.ini' in application folder(if it doesn't exist, make one!). Run 'Volume2.exe'. Double-click tray icon to open settings > System > uncheck 'Run program at Windows startup'.
Last edited by Userfriendly on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

allclownsareevil

Re: Volume2

#2 Post by allclownsareevil »

This would be a fantastic program ... if only it stored it's settings in an ini file.

Whilst it doesn't require installation, as far as I can see it doesn't carry it's settings with it from one system to another. It's a shame because it really is a well made and useful util.

I'll have a crack at contacting the author and pointing him to this forum.

Userfriendly

#3 Post by Userfriendly »

But it does store the settings in an ini file? There's a file called 'config.ini' in the app folder. Same place as the executable and bunch of language files you can optionally delete.

allclownsareevil

#4 Post by allclownsareevil »

Mine didn't have the ini file. Odd. Author said the same thing about there needing to be Config.ini.

Config.ini now placed in app folder. :)

It's a really well presented app with a lot of functionality. I like it. Suggest it's added to the database. If I end up using this a lot I reckon it's worth a donation to the author too.

Edit Additional: I see now why there was no Config.ini. The softpedia link above does not contain the config.ini file. Nor do a few of the links on the author's website. Use the "Download version 1.1.3 RC3(portable)" link on the author's own site to download.

Userfriendly

#5 Post by Userfriendly »

I added download link to latest beta and authors deviantart page which is in english of course.

irzyxa

#6 Post by irzyxa »

If your have any questions, I'll answer them(I am athor Volume2)

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

Great find! 8)

lautrepay

#8 Post by lautrepay »

irzyxa wrote:If your have any questions, I'll answer them(I am athor Volume2)
Hi, irzyxa!
Welcome to TPFC! Thank you for Volume² and for your presence in our forums; it is always appreciated being able to talk with the developers.
Your program was open source until recently, originally hosted at Google Code. The page is now inaccessible, and the License Information included in the About section makes me doubt about the continuation of the program as freeware.

My question is: Could you please confirm that the application will remain free of cost, at least in the immediate future?
Thanks in advance!

irzyxa

#9 Post by irzyxa »

Program Volume² is Free, but not Open Source(Google Code was used only for publish new versions). All who make donate or translate program or find bug, can get Personal License

lautrepay

#10 Post by lautrepay »

irzyxa wrote:Program Volume² is Free, but not Open Source(Google Code was used only for publish new versions). All who make donate or translate program or find bug, can get Personal License
Thanks for your quickly response. Has the Personal License any extra benefit?

irzyxa

#11 Post by irzyxa »

No, it's only hides donate banner

lautrepay

#12 Post by lautrepay »

irzyxa wrote:No, it's only hides donate banner
Ok, thank you very much!

lautrepay

#13 Post by lautrepay »

Clarified the doubts about the program's license, and following allclownsareevil's request, I've added Volume² to the database. If it's useful for you, vote @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2357.
Download link points to Softpedia.
It's a good opportunity to remember that each and every registered user can add programs to the database. :wink:

guinness

#14 Post by guinness »

Has Volume2 officially been recognised by Microsoft as being compatible with Windows XP through to 8? If it has then amazing, because that isn't an easy thing to do from what I've read.

Userfriendly

#15 Post by Userfriendly »

Works for me on windows 8. Are talking about Microsoft certification? What's the advantage of that?