MyShelf Desktop Portable

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
hissen_encomit

MyShelf Desktop Portable

#1 Post by hissen_encomit »

MyShelf is a universal note taking app for plain text snippets, pictures, links.

Platforms: It is available on all major platforms. For Windows and Linux there is also a "Portable Edition". The pure-Java version for all platforms works also on Mac OS.

Download packages (Column Portable Editions): http://encomit.de/myshelf/desktop.html#download

Screenshot: Image

Dependencies: The Windows-Exe ist Self-Extracting (to arbitrary drive/folder/location for the Portable Edition) and contains an embedded JRE. The rest need Java to be installed.

All data is always stored next to the binaries (Folder "data").

Stealth: Not sure, but I would believe so

webfork

Re: MyShelf Desktop Portable

#2 Post by webfork »

Crossplatform and really ready for touchscreen interfaces, which is pretty unique in the software I test. This could be something really remarkable in bridging computers and handheld devices.

I really wanted to make this program work with something I was trying to do, but I had to go back to plain old word processor.

Wishlist
* Export capability more clear/obvious. It's possible in browse mode to click on an item and a green icon with a "..." will appear, but I'd like to save all images/text from one of the decks outside of the program quickly and simply. Additionally, the program stores everything inside a database file so there's no manual way to pull out the data.
* Able to move items in edit mode
* Able to delete text boxes in edit mode
* Able to add multiple pictures from the +Image dialog
* Ability to automatically or dynamically resize pictures added. So 100%/75%/50% at the top as with the main window, and then an active corner that will let you shrink them down

hissen_encomit

#3 Post by hissen_encomit »

Thank you for your reply. You obviously took a good look at MyShelf. I can tell that your wishlist is a subset of our wishlist. ;-)
We are working on the next version already including our mobile clients.

I will get back to this forum when we are ready.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

hissen_encomit wrote:Thank you for your reply. You obviously took a good look at MyShelf. I can tell that your wishlist is a subset of our wishlist. ;-)
Excellent -- I'm glad my suggestions were useful. Happy to try it out again in the future.

hissen_encomit

#5 Post by hissen_encomit »

Today, we published an update. It took a while, because our mobile clients were updated first. ;-)

Not all features made it in the new version, but most of them. You might take a look at it.

bzl333

#6 Post by bzl333 »

noob question:

i downloaded the portable Linux edition and extracted but i don't see an executable file (how do i run it?)

hissen_encomit

#7 Post by hissen_encomit »

Hi bzl333,

the ZIP for Linux requires Java to run. If you have Java installed you might create a link from the main folder's JAR to your desktop or script it yourself via 'java -jar MyShelfPortable.jar'

bzl333

#8 Post by bzl333 »

hissen_encomit wrote:Hi bzl333,

the ZIP for Linux requires Java to run. If you have Java installed you might create a link from the main folder's JAR to your desktop or script it yourself via 'java -jar MyShelfPortable.jar'

Thanks. :)

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: this program moved into an iOS app before going offline. Here's the old website for the original program:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141021053 ... sktop.html