Multiff [specialized image editor]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
I am Baas

Multiff [specialized image editor]

#1 Post by I am Baas »

Multiff can edit multipage TIFF files in the following manner:

- Splitting of single TIFF files
- Combination of common graphic files, including TIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP
- Conversion to PDF/JPG/DCX/AVI/ICO format
- Page extraction, deletion, insertion, replacement, and move
- Automatic image edition using Dmonkey script
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA012149/Multiff_e.htm

Dl @ http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~vmel/soft/Multiff.zip

webfork

Re: Multiff V0.68

#2 Post by webfork »

> Multiff can edit multipage TIFF files in the following manner:

Very cool. Many types of files saved as TIFF files can be a better alternative (smaller) than PDF. I've shied away from using TIFF because of a lack of a program to manage multi-page images.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

[Moderator note: Baas pointed to another program by the author TiffToy in response to my message. It now has its own thread.]

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

TIFF files are frequently smaller and more graphics-focused than PDFs, and MultiTiff provides a variety of tools to bring TIFF files up to speed with many PDF freeware. Supports rotation, combine, extract, delete, replace, insert, and divide pages. Supports macros.

Some quick usage notes about this:
  • There are functions to swap even and odd pages, as well as reversing order.
  • Re-arranging pages of a TIFF file is done beautifully. You can hold shift or ctrl to select groups or individual pages.
  • Can save to PDF but the file size is HUGE. Using the above-mentioned TIFF files, it expanded to almost 46 megs. Can also convert to GIF and other formats.
  • Also includes the ability to remove blank pages, although I wonder if that means completely blank or 100% pure white space? That is: when you scan a blank document, sometimes it has tiny flecks or corners that the scanner picks up.
Wishlist
  • Ability to cut and paste or select-and-scroll if you want to move pages down past the visible screen.
  • Undo function
Edit: here's the synopsis from the author ... might integrate the two if this becomes an entry.
Tagged Image File Format (abbreviated TIFF) is supported by scanning, faxing, and other applications. Storing a sequence of images in a single TIFF file is also possible, and is allowed under TIFF 6.0, provided the rules for multi-page images are followed. You can view multiple page TIFF files with Image and Fax viewer bundled with Microsoft Windows, but this software cannot perform page manipulation, such as page split, combination, and insertion. Although Microsoft Office Document Imaging bundled with Microsoft Office can perform such page manipulations, this software is used mainly for editing single TIFF file and is not suitable for automatic image edition.
  • Multiff is a freeware that can edit multipage TIFF files in the following manner.
  • Splitting of single TIFF files
  • Combination of common graphic files, including TIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP
  • Conversion to PDF/JPG/DCX/AVI/ICO format
  • Page extraction, deletion, insertion, replacement, and move
  • Automatic image edition using Dmonkey script
Last edited by webfork on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: (added the intro paragraph)

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: MultiTiff site is offline ... given the lack of TIFF tools I've seen over time, something from as far back as 2013 might still find some grateful users.

Softpedia: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedi ... tiff.shtml