Stick-It!

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
dmg

Re: Stick-It!

#16 Post by dmg »

dmg, what's the ordinary files?
Do you mean this?:
dmg wrote:Does it work on ordinary folders?
I mean instead of My Computer or Control Panel does it work on normal folders, as in you right click on the desktop and in the New menu you click Folder. Does Stick-It! work correctly on a none-system, created by the user to organize files, folder? :D

mrpink

#17 Post by mrpink »

Ok, what i did:
I created an ordinary folder as you said, and i had this one opened, Hitman Pro and Regedit. I tried StickIt! like ... a million times, it always applied on Hitman and regedit, but only once on my folder (not the first time, a random one).
Nobody else uses XP around here :?:

dmg

#18 Post by dmg »

I created and use it on XP and it works fine on every window I throw at it.

If it worked once on a folder for you but had trouble the rest of the time that may be good news. It means that I MIGHT be able to do something about it. :)

Since you got it to work on a folder by trying it so many times, would you be willing to do the same on My Computer or Control Panel? It might prove there is only one issue to work on.

dmg

#19 Post by dmg »

I should mention that I am having trouble with false virus positives regarding my my entire website and all my download links. I am in contact with two companies to resolve it.

Midas

#20 Post by Midas »

mrpink wrote:Nobody else uses XP around here :?:
I do. 8)

mrpink

#21 Post by mrpink »

dmg wrote:I created and use it on XP and it works fine on every window I throw at it.

If it worked once on a folder for you but had trouble the rest of the time that may be good news. It means that I MIGHT be able to do something about it. :)

Since you got it to work on a folder by trying it so many times, would you be willing to do the same on My Computer or Control Panel? It might prove there is only one issue to work on.
I can not figure it out, it doesn't work on system folders and subfolders. It doesn't work on Control Panel but it works on all its components if i open them
And another thing. Last night i played with it and today the auto scroll feature off my mouse does not work. Irrelevant?

I should mention that I am having trouble with false virus positives regarding my my entire website and all my download links. I am in contact with two companies to resolve it.
From whom?
https://www.virustotal.com/file/e17e11a ... 336405366/

mrpink

#22 Post by mrpink »

Midas wrote:
I do. 8)
So, did you test Stick-It! :?:

dmg

#23 Post by dmg »

mrpink wrote:And another thing. Last night i played with it and today the auto scroll feature off my mouse does not work. Irrelevant?
I would say so, yes.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with this. :?
mrpink wrote:From whom?
https://www.virustotal.com/file/e17e11a ... 336405366/
McAfee says all MediaFire links, not just mine, are trojans, and Avast has decided every page of my site contains some sort of exploit and black listed the whole thing. :(

Midas

#24 Post by Midas »

mrpink wrote:
Midas wrote:
I do. 8)
So, did you test Stick-It! :?:
Summarily, yes. Didn't get your problems, but then didn't test as thouroughly... (XP Pro SP3 x32 here).

dmg

#25 Post by dmg »

Has anyone heard of the website famouswhy.com? I got a contact form submission on my site saying they have added Stick-It! to their freeware database and that it has won an award of some kind. They did not provide details, just some links. But since I have never heard of them I hesitate to click any of the links. :shock:

Any thoughts.

I am Baas

#26 Post by I am Baas »

Were you asked to post links on your page?

dmg

#27 Post by dmg »

No. As I said, there were no details, just a few links, and it said to reply to the e-mail for more info. I am just wondering if it is even possible for this to be legit, if anyone has heard of this site or knows anything about it.

Checker

#28 Post by Checker »

dmg wrote:Has anyone heard of the website famouswhy.com? I got a contact form submission on my site saying they have added Stick-It! to their freeware database and that it has won an award of some kind. They did not provide details, just some links. But since I have never heard of them I hesitate to click any of the links. :shock:

Any thoughts.
There's a program available on their site called "StickIt", but it it's not yours. It has version number 3.0.6 and says: "Create notes and place them anywhere on your desktop using StickIt software The notes will stay where you left them until you close them - they will even reappear after rebooting your computer".
See: http://download.famouswhy.com/stickit/f ... nload.html

... so no award for you :wink:

dmg

#29 Post by dmg »

I followed your link then used the search box on the page and found this: http://download.famouswhy.com/stick_it_/
Which appears to be the same url they sent me, so I guess there is something to this. I am still wary though. :?

Edit:
I followed the links and found the "award" consists of a badge they want me to display on my site that links back to their site. I don't think I will be taking them up on the offer. 8)
Last edited by dmg on Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Checker

#30 Post by Checker »

Oops, I didn't search through the site. I only googled "Stick-It! famouswhy.com" :oops:
dmg wrote:Edit:
I followed the links and found the "award" consists of a badge they want me to display on my site that links back to their site. I don't think I will be taking them up on the offer. 8)
But finally you've got an award :wink: