DéKiBulle - minimalist audio player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
4sydney

DéKiBulle - minimalist audio player

#1 Post by 4sydney »

[Mod note: official forum topic for DéKiBulle TPFC entry; https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1172]

hi all,
DéKiBulle is an audio player for windows XP and windows 2000 (not tested on win98 but should work with correct windows media codecs).

DéKiBulle is provided as freeware.

One of the special features of DéKiBulle is to use directly the arborescence of the directories in which are stored audio files to be very quickly able to select the songs of an album or an artist.
The interface is voluntarily sober and simplistic to priviliger the thoughtlessness and the speed of application.
DéKiBulle is normaly made to be launched automaticaly at windows start and to go in taskbar. It takes aproximatively between 5 and 7 Mo of memory once launched.
But it cans also be used as a classic audio player once the audio files are associated to it.

Available translations are : english, french, spanish and esperanto.
(Thanks Gérard Gonet-Boisson for his translations).
If you want you can also send me your translations. For this you have to translate the text contained in one of the files lang*.ini and send me the result of your work.

Supported file formats are : WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WMA, MPC, M3U and CDA.
Audio CD are also supported.
The software reads the tags for the files MP3 (Id3v1 & v2), MP2, MPC, OGG and WMA. And can modify the tags for the files MP3, MP2, MPC and OGG.
HERE

Legobas

Dekibulle Audio Player

#2 Post by Legobas »

Hi all,

DéKiBulle is free and open source small directory playing type (like Billy or 1by1) Audio Player

Settings are in .ini program directory

Dekibulle uses the BASS audio libraries (many plugins are available)

http://dekibulle.free.fr/index.php?lang ... esentation

Features :
Open source (double license GNU-LGPL / CeCILL-C).
Free.
Using of the directories arborescence (for a fast and easy acces to you songs).
Multilingual (English, French, Spanish, Esperanto, Italiano, Swedish, German).
Multiformat (MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA, MPC, M3U, AIFF, MP2, MP1, CDA
+ FLAC, MID, WV, SPX, AC3, AAC, M4A, TTA, APE, MAC, OFR, OFS in option).
Meta Tag readed (MP3, OGG, WMA, MPC, MP2).
Meta Tag editor (MP3, OGG, MPC, MP2).
CDDB supported (search for Audio CD titles on internet).
Hotkeys (Play/Pause, Previous/Next song, Volume +/-, etc...).
Global volume application (DéKiBulle can be used to modify the volume for games, etc...).
Equalizer (3 bands).
Baloon-hint popup window (showed at each song change).
Shuffle playing, Loop playing.
Automaticaly checks for updates.
Editable interface colors.
Editable song names display.
Etc...

Translations :
- English
- French
- Spanish
- Esperanto
- Italiano
- Swedish
- German

JohnW

#3 Post by JohnW »

Just to indicate how unique the product is, I quote from the Home Site ...

"One of the special features of DéKiBulle is to use directly the arborescence of the directories in which are stored audio files to be very quickly able to select the songs of an album or an artist.
The interface is voluntarily sober and simplistic to priviliger the thoughtlessness and the speed of application."

Ok guys - a bit below the belt but it amused me!

Darkbee

#4 Post by Darkbee »

That reads just like a BabelFish translation.

TPFC Fan

#5 Post by TPFC Fan »

Player = very nice
Translation = L :twisted: L (i made my own now)

Legobas

#6 Post by Legobas »

IMHO is it really a player worth to be on the Portble Freeware list!

Darkbee

#7 Post by Darkbee »

Don't worry, we don't discriminate against not native English speakers (although we should make an exception for the French.. just kidding).

If it's verified to be portable, it will go into the database eventually, but you should be patient, there are many submissions a day and only so many hours in a day.

Fluffy

#8 Post by Fluffy »

Plus I have a job now (don't listen to Darkbee. I can afford things now, it's nice) and don't have the time to go through all the submissions like I used to. Hopefully you're all in for a pleasant surprise soon though. ;)

I also tried this and found it to be portable, though I wasn't sure about the managed directory listing. Is this relative? If not, the portability of this app goes right down the toilet.

dekibulle

#9 Post by dekibulle »

Hi all
And thank you Legobas for talking about dekibulle on your website :)

Concerning my poor english I'am sorry guys if I don't write like Shakespeare... But I you like to know how many of you are bilingual in french?
I know that my english is not perfect and if you want to help sending your translations no problem!

For the portabiility, I'am working on it to use relative path when it's necessary... just suscribe fr the newsletter and wait for the next version

bye
fred

http://dekibulle.free.fr/?lang=en

dekibulle

DéKiBulle v3.27

#10 Post by dekibulle »

Hi ! :)

A new version of DéKiBulle is available to download with a lots of improvements.
You can notice that DéKiBulle is now fully portable ;)
And that an english section has been added on the forum which is just waiting for your comments :)

Take a look at http://dekibulle.free.fr?lang=en

bye
fred

AlephX

Re: DéKiBulle v3.27

#11 Post by AlephX »

dekibulle wrote:Hi ! :)

A new version of DéKiBulle is available to download with a lots of improvements.
You can notice that DéKiBulle is now fully portable ;)
And that an english section has been added on the forum which is just waiting for your comments :)

Take a look at http://dekibulle.free.fr?lang=en

bye
fred
Hi, Database updated, thanks!

Please, post the updates in the other section of the post :D it is not a big problem, but it is easy for the poor moderators (they are soooo strict, oh boy!)

dekibulle

#12 Post by dekibulle »

Please, post the updates in the other section of the post Very Happy it is not a big problem, but it is easy for the poor moderators (they are soooo strict, oh boy!)
Ok no pb :D

Just a comment, in your database is written :
DéKiBulle does not use relative paths when saving the playlist, but it does support relative paths found in the playlist if it is edited manually with a text editor
But this is not true anymore ;) It has been upgraded in the v3.27

thanks
fred

Andrew Lee

#13 Post by Andrew Lee »

I just updated the synopsis. Thanks!

TPFC Fan

#14 Post by TPFC Fan »

Dekibulle has been updated to v3.29

http://dekibulle.free.fr/index.php?lang ... chargement

:D

webfork