DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Leif

Re: DropIt

#661 Post by Leif »

Lupo73 wrote: In a next release I'm considering to remove special actions and integrate them as normal actions, naming them: Shortcut, Playlist, Clipboard.. I'd like to know your opinion about it, also because they are not verbs (as other actions) and could badly sound together.. but on the other hand it may simplifies and extends their use..
In my opinion a very good idea. I didn't know about the playlist feature until I read the Guide. And who reads Guides? So very easy to miss good features if they are "hidden away".
They are not verbs but couldn't you just add a verb in front of them? "Make shortcuts" etc.

Lupo73

#662 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm agree with you.. I could use "Create Shortcut" and "Create Playlist", but I don't like "Copy to the Clipboard" so much..

Lupo73

#663 Post by Lupo73 »

Leif is helping me to do minor language corrections and other fixes.. about the password deletion issue, it can be deleted using the backspace key so I think it doesn't need a fix..

guinness

#664 Post by guinness »

about the password deletion issue, it can be deleted using the backspace key so I think it doesn't need a fix..
OK, though perhaps make it clear that you can't use the DEL key in the password inputs, because as Leif demonstrated users are so used to using the DEL key rather than the backspace.

Lupo73

#665 Post by Lupo73 »

What do you propose? A note in the Guide?

Leif

#666 Post by Leif »

[Aside] guinness, please suggest to him that he should fix it instead of e.g. mentioning it in the Guide (who reads guides? :shock: ). In ALL the programs I use it says Del and NEVER Backspace to the right of the Delete option in the menus etc.

Lupo73

#667 Post by Lupo73 »

Ok ok :mrgreen: ..I fixed it..now to remove a monitored folder the hotkey is Ctrl+R..

An idea: to make the interface more user-friendly, what do you think if I report the hotkeys in button tooltips? In this way the user can read it simply moving the mouse over a button, without needs to check the Guide..

Leif

#668 Post by Leif »

Tooltips are great.

guinness

#669 Post by guinness »

I haven't done much research since Ruby pointed out the Registry Keys to see when in Classic Theme Mode, but I came up with this small UDF and it seems to work. You need WinAPIEx.au3 of course >>

Code: Select all

Func _IsClassicTheme() ; By guinness 2011.
	_WinAPI_GetCurrentThemeName()
	Return @error
EndFunc   ;==>_IsClassicTheme
Or how I use it >>

Func _IsNotClassicTheme() ; By guinness 2011.
	_WinAPI_GetCurrentThemeName()
	Return @error = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_IsClassicTheme

Lupo73

#670 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks guinness, I'm going to implement it :wink:

A question: does the problem afflict only the main context menu or all menus with images (and tray menu)?

guinness

#671 Post by guinness »

As far as I'm aware (without testing) it's only a problem with ContextMenus. Which function are you going to use? Are you going to keep the header i.e. By guinness 2011?

guinness

#672 Post by guinness »

A snippet of code from the next ProEject. This is how I'm using the Function I posted above.

If (_IsWindowsVersion() And _IsNotClassicTheme()) Then ; If Windows is greater than XP and doesn't use Classic Theme Mode.

Lupo73

#673 Post by Lupo73 »

I kept that header, do you prefer another one?

Thanks about code example.. but I thought to use it adding a space if classic theme is used, why do you use the "if not classic theme"?

guinness

#674 Post by guinness »

The space addition doesn't work, treat it as though it was like Windows XP where Context images are disabled. Also I use the NOT for easy reading as well as the NOT version returning True. If I were to use the initial Function I provided I would have to do this >>

If (_IsWindowsVersion() And _IsClassicTheme() = 0) Then ; Takes a couple of ms longer to parse!
Couple of AutoIt tips: If $sTest Then is quicker than If $sTest = 1 Then...

Everything I do is for a reason, whether it be right or wrong :mrgreen:

Lupo73

#675 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm confused: if the space addition doesn't work, what do you recommend for the theme problem? And does not the tray menu need to be fixed?