Faber Toys

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

Faber Toys

#1 Post by JohnW »

I'm a little surprised that there SEEMS to be no mention of Faber Toys either in the Database or the Forums.
It is probably portable - to quote from the Site ...
"All information about the program is saved in a configuration file located in the installation directory; this means that no information is saved into the Registry (I don't like programs that fill the Registry with unnecessary data for the System)."

The program provides a reasonably comprehensive audit of Processes (including dependencies), AutoRuns (including access to Registry etc),
File Analysis (including eg PE analysis , imported modules, functions exported), Program Aliases and a hierarchical view of existing windows.

For work on processes I probably just prefer the Sysinternals offerings but this is also a quality product.

To download go to ..
http://www.faberbox.com/fabertoys.asp?action=download
Uni-extract the files and bingo you're on your way.

AlephX

#2 Post by AlephX »

Hi!
While it writes its settings to a cfg file (in its folder), it writes the last saved file (and folder position) in the registry... it´s a bit strange...

Maybe it could be accepted as portable... any suggestion/opinion?

AlephX

#3 Post by AlephX »

AlephX wrote:Hi!
While it writes its settings to a cfg file (in its folder), it writes the last saved file (and folder position) in the registry... it´s a bit strange...

Maybe it could be accepted as portable... any suggestion/opinion?
Andrew tested it and found it to be portable!

Added to the Database!

Thanks, JohnW!