FavTool

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Darkbee

FavTool

#1 Post by Darkbee »

Now here's something you don't see every day... I'm submitting a Microsoft program:

FavTool
Synopsis: FavTool is a small utility to convert Netscape Bookmark HTML files (those used by Firefox et al) into Microsoft Internet Explorer favorites and vice versa (Yes, believe it or not, Microsoft actually realized some people might not want to use their browser!). Now you might find this a bit odd because the latest versions of IE include an import/export wizard but my purpose for using it was because I am using an IE based browser (GreenBrowser) and for some reason the the import/export functions don't seem to be working. Sure, I could have just copied the GreenBrowser favorites folder to my IE favorites folder, but what's the fun in that! :lol:

Writes settings to: None, from what I can tell, there simply aren't any settings to save, except maybe the path to the IE favorites (and I couldn't figure out where it is being stored)

How to extract: Simply download the exe and run, it's unarchived.

License: Freeware? Free for personal use perhaps.

System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, or XP.

Website: Microsoft Support Page - There isn't a homepage as such and the actual download is hosted by PCWorld but this is as close as it gets to a homepage (it contains a link to the download)

Download: favtool.exe

For laughs, I've included a screenshot: