ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
SYSTEM

Re: ProEject

#151 Post by SYSTEM »

spicydog wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:Was the bug specific to Finnish? :o
I guess that what Guinness is saying here is that you were the first one who found out that these strings where missing in the .lng (master) file and translated them into Finnish :mrgreen:
No, these strings were present in the .lng file when I found the bug. Looking at the language files, they were also translated in every single file.
spicydog wrote: Now that these strings have been translated in all languages and all ProEject's dialogs are multilingual I wonder why in the downloaded "Language" folder I see:

Dutch.lng
English.lng
German.lng
Italian.lng
Romanian.lng
Spanish.lng

but no Finnish? :shock:
The Finnish translation is in the file "suomi.lng".
spicydog wrote: I take this opportunity to thank once more Guinness for his spectacular achievement and for his outstanding dedication.
+1
Last edited by SYSTEM on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

spicydog

#152 Post by spicydog »

SYSTEM wrote:The Finnish translation is in the file "suomi.lng".
Yes, but where is the "suomi.lng" file?

As I said the downloaded "Language" folder contains only:

Dutch.lng
English.lng
German.lng
Italian.lng
Romanian.lng
Spanish.lng

SYSTEM

#153 Post by SYSTEM »

spicydog wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:The Finnish translation is in the file "suomi.lng".
Yes, but where is the "suomi.lng" file?

As I said the downloaded "Language" folder contains only:

Dutch.lng
English.lng
German.lng
Italian.lng
Romanian.lng
Spanish.lng
OK, I have investigated.

First, I got the filename from my local copy. IIRC, the file was still called "suomi.lng" when guinness released ProEject 1.0.0.0.

I see you've got the list from the beta version. Indeed only the major languages are available in that version. (I'm going to update the Finnish translation soon, after which it'll hopefully be included as well.)

In version 1.0.0.0, all languages are present, and the file in question is called "Finnish.lng".

Finally, when I reported the issue, I used ProEject 1.0.0.0. The beta hadn't even been released at that time.

spicydog

#154 Post by spicydog »

SYSTEM wrote:I've got the TIP_EJECT_1 and TIP_EJECT_2 messages in English even though I use the Finnish language.
As I said in my previous message "these strings *were* missing in the .lng (master) file" and that's why they were showing in English despite you set ProEject in Finnish... Got it now? ;)

*were* as in "at the time you posted the phrase quoted above"

SYSTEM

#155 Post by SYSTEM »

spicydog wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:I've got the TIP_EJECT_1 and TIP_EJECT_2 messages in English even though I use the Finnish language.
As I said in my previous message "these strings *were* missing in the .lng (master) file" and that's why they were showing in English despite you set ProEject in Finnish... Got it now? ;)

*were* as in "at the time you posted the phrase quoted above"
I had got it already.
SYSTEM wrote: No, these strings weren't missing in the .lng file. Looking at the language files, they are also translated in every single file.
I used the word "were" in the same way. I haven't updated my local copy after noticing the bug.

Let me rephrase: at the time I found the bug, these strings were available in the master language file and translated to all languages.

I'll edit my previous post to make it clearer.

spicydog

#156 Post by spicydog »

What was missing was the link to these strings... In other words the dialogs corresponding to these 2 strings (when you were running ProEject in Finnish) were not reading the .lng file but rather the hardcoded (English) strings in the executable.

I would say that matter should be clarified now :mrgreen:

SYSTEM

#157 Post by SYSTEM »

spicydog wrote:What was missing was the link to these strings... In other words the dialogs corresponding to these 2 strings (when you were running ProEject in Finnish) were not reading the .lng file but rather the hardcoded (English) strings in the executable.

I would say that matter should be clarified now :mrgreen:
OK, got it. :)

So, likely the answer to my original question is "no", and the bug affected all non-English languages.

Guinness's post could have been clearer... :|

SYSTEM

#158 Post by SYSTEM »

A glitch occurs if "Minimise ProEject on startup" is enabled and "Minimise to the system tray" is disabled.

SYSTEM

#159 Post by SYSTEM »

SYSTEM wrote: I'm going to update the Finnish translation soon
Done! :)

SYSTEM

#160 Post by SYSTEM »

My observations: the beta version of ProEject successfully closes all windows but terminates after that. It leaves windowless processes running and doesn't even try to eject the drive.

I have uploaded the complete log file here.

guinness

#161 Post by guinness »

Sorry about not getting back sooner I've been a little busy outside of the world wide web, so I hopefully have answered the questions asked in the previous posts :mrgreen:
Was the bug specific to Finnish?
No, it was present in all languages other than English of course. The problem was simple to fix but long and painful to find. Ejecting from the drive you're running ProEject from is not possible, I therefore have to move ProEject to the %TEMPDIR% and then eject the drive from the %TEMPDIR% (it also self deletes itself) what I was failing to do was copy the language file across too, hence why English was always being shown. This is not the case anymore and instead of copying the language file, I just grab the appropriate language strings.

My explanation was poor due to being posting when I was in a hurry.
I guess that what Guinness is saying here is that you were the first one who found out that these strings were missing in the .lng (master) file and translated them into Finnish
Correct, I just pointed out that you can now use Finnish (suomi) and it will translate those strings, since SYSTEM/you was/were the first user to bring this to my attention.
Now that these strings have been translated in all languages and all ProEject's dialogs are multilingual I wonder why in the downloaded "Language" folder I see:
I haven't included all the languages from V1.0.0.0 only those that have been fully translated for the latest beta. I have included a file with the new language strings though if you want to translate.
I take this opportunity to thank once more Guinness for his spectacular achievement and for his outstanding dedication.
Right back at those who have helped me test this application or translated, your time is just as precious than mine.
What was missing was the link to these strings... In other words the dialogs corresponding to these 2 strings (when you were running ProEject in Finnish) were not reading the .lng file but rather the hardcoded (English) strings in the executable.
Exactly! :mrgreen:
A glitch occurs if "Minimise ProEject on startup" is enabled and "Minimise to the system tray" is disabled.
FIXING...Now it's FIXED!

Thanks SYSTEM for the Finnish translation. I decided to use the English terms for languages e.g. Deutsch = German as this was down to the automatic detection of the users system language (I hope people don't mind or are offended by this.)
My observations: the beta version of ProEject successfully closes all windows but terminates after that. It leaves windowless processes running and doesn't even try to eject the drive.
Weird, looking at the log file what happens if you turn off file flushing?

Thanks all.

guinness

#162 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.1.19.31 (Beta)
This Beta release includes a couple of bug fixes and source code changes, so if you know AutoIt or are interested in the code then please take a look. This release also includes ever language (even those which haven't been updated yet!) I've also included standalone versions of ProEject x32/x64 for those who wish to have more control* especially if you wish to monitor the return codes of ProEject. I would advise that if you have a x64 version of Windows and use x64 Portable applications to use the x64 version of ProEject, otherwise the x32 is just fine.

*For example if you were to use ProEject in a custom application and were monitoring when the PID had closed, then using the wrapper version would return as immediate since the PID would be for the wrapper not ProEject (Windows!) Therefore by using the specific architecture version of ProEject it's now possible to monitor when the PID of ProEject closes.

SYSTEM

#163 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:Sorry about not getting back sooner I've been a little busy outside of the world wide web
I was wondering why you were so inactive. Welcome back! :)
guinness wrote:
Weird, looking at the log file what happens if you turn off file flushing?

Thanks all.
Exactly the same result. :( (new log file)

guinness

#164 Post by guinness »

Weird, it looks as though it just stops! I have an idea of what it could be, perhaps the batch file I use to monitor when ProEject terminates is closing ProEject a little early as I have it set to wait 30 seconds and if nothing close ProEject, this is done in case ProEject was to hang. Would you mind if I were to PM you to find the problem?

SYSTEM

#165 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:Would you mind if I were to PM you to find the problem?
No problem. :)