LinkCollector Portable Edition

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
AnalogXP

Re: LinkCollector Portable Edition

#46 Post by AnalogXP »

Onesimus Prime wrote:Hey,
Just checking out the latest beta version, and had a few comments...
I'm glad it supports drive-less absolute paths now (far better than the program's very first incarnation!), but it'd still be nice to have an option for true relative paths.
If your program is in C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Portables\LC\linkcollector_beta\ this would be the difference:
1) \Users\MyName\Desktop\Portables\FireFox_portable\FirefoxPortable.exe
2) ..\..\Firefox_portable\FirefoxPortable.exe
Using the second method, I could just copy the entire "Portables" folder onto my flash drive, move it into a subdirectory, or whatever, and it would still work. Not so with the current method. I know that some people prefer drive-less absolute paths, but some of us would like the option for relative ones. (I even tried manually changing the path in the Firefox.ini file to a relative format, and it did not show up at all in LinkCollector anymore.) So maybe having an option to switch between the two path formats, or at least enabling manual editing into relative paths, would be appreciated.

On "Find browsers and bookmarks automatically" there is actually one "L" missing in the last word (currently "automaticaly"). Also, when I use this feature, the results are shown at the top of that window in a format like "Firefox - 6". Opinions may differ here, but to my eyes that looks a little too close to a "-6" at a quick glance; I might suggest "Firefox: 6" (using a colon immediately after the browser name) instead.

When I first opened the program, it already was set to show both the installed and portable version of every browser. What about at first run only showing the detected browsers and version, then when the user adds browsers to LinkCollector (either manually or via the "Find...automatically" button), the appropriate versions are automatically displayed? And of course the user should still be able to over-ride what is and isn't displayed via the menu, as now.

I don't have a way to check this myself, but is there currently an option to, when enabling proxies, automatically use/import IE's (or whichever present browser's) proxy settings?
Thank you for you suggestions. I will try to fix this problems in next releases soon.

AnalogXP

#47 Post by AnalogXP »

New Beta version:

What's new:
added: support for diskless absolute path and relative path
added: a separate tree for categories
added: localization
fixed: 'Save as...' function don't work correctly

Download:
http://www.vscsoftware.com/download/lin ... r_beta.zip

Thanks

AnalogXP

#48 Post by AnalogXP »

New Beta version 3.7.5:

What's new:
added: search bookmarks by domain
added: option 'Go to bookmark position' (to find bookmarks position of a Favorite and Search result list)
added: function to clear unused thumbnails and favicons
added: option to protect folder (to view folder bookmarks enter a password of a program bookmarks)
improved: language files
improved: favicon is saved for domain name
fixed: update bookmark list after delete duplicates
fixed: some small bug fixes

Download:
http://www.vscsoftware.com/download/lin ... r_beta.zip

Thanks

Firewrath

#49 Post by Firewrath »

So i was bored and thought id try this, i'll admit i havnt kept up with the thread, so this might have been covered.

But, i keep multiple portable firefox setups,
using 'Find portable browsers and bookmarks automatically' in the options, will only add the bookmarks from one firefox, if i try to add bookmarks from one of the other portable firefox browsers, it over-writes the bookmarks from the first one with the bookmarks from the second,
imo, it should ask if you want to do that, or update the list with the new bookmarks while keeping the old, and if it updates the bookmark list, it should ofcourse check for Exact duplicate entries,

and, the option to make a new tab in the browser tab list of the same browser type would be rather nice,
that way if like someone who keeps multiple installs, like say, ...me, :P wants to backup each install separately, they can just add a new tab and pick which portable install it uses,

also, all i use is firefox, but theres tabs for IE/Opera/Chrome, anyway to add an option to hide those?

AnalogXP

#50 Post by AnalogXP »

When you select other bookmarks file from dialog 'Find portable browsers and bookmarks automatically', the bookmarks of old file and of the new file not over-writes. The program just load bookmarks.
Use menu 'View' - 'Bookmarks of' to hide other browsers tabs or you can close each bookmarks panel (Installed and Portable).

Thanks for you suggestion and ideas.

Firewrath

#51 Post by Firewrath »

Ahhh, i see.
Im sorry then, i misunderstood how it worked, ^-^;;

I thought that when using 'Find portable browsers and bookmarks automatically' it copied the bookmarks to the Program under that tab, not just displayed the bookmarks from firefox,

as for hiding the tabs, Thanks,
i thought it would be under like 'Options'
...you can tell i didnt look around much, ;)

AnalogXP

#52 Post by AnalogXP »

New version 4.5:

For beta testers is free.

Download:
http://www.portablebookmarkmanager.com/ ... lector.exe

AnalogXP

#53 Post by AnalogXP »

New beta version (4.5.4):

Download:
http://www.portablebookmarkmanager.com/ ... r_beta.zip

added: organize tags by category
improved: all tags list
improved: image-manager of tags (you can drag icon from 'All domain list' into the image-manager)
improved: capturing link from active browser page by shortcut
improved: search toolbar