R.I.P. Randy Savage

Any other tech-related topics
ChemZ

R.I.P. Randy Savage

#1 Post by ChemZ »

Way off topic here but I was just reading on the passing of an old wrestler by the name of Randy Savage. Everybody knows him right? RIGHT?!?? Anywho, it got me thinking about starting a new thread so we can say our last Sayonara's to anyone fortunate enough to have moved on. Doesn't have to be anyone famous or anything... friends... family... pets... favourite piece of abandonware... you know... :D

-------------------------
Back in the 80's I remember going down to the video store with my family and picking up whatever wrestling tapes we could find. Old VHS tapes of Summer Slams, Survivor Series, Royal Rumbles & Wrestlemanias (the big 4 originals), and ohhh boy!!!! Maybe it was just me still being a young kid but I loved it! Wrestling became regular watching for us then and still is today (though maybe not as much).

Who can forgot when The Hulkster bodyslammed André the Giant? Or when The Hitman actually locked the Sharpshooter on Yokozuna? Hulk Hogan VS The Ultimate Warrior, everyone? Those were the days! Back when Austin 3:16 still had hair, Triple H was Hunter Hearst Helmsley, the Undertaker worked for the Million Dollar Man, and the World Wide Fund for nature is why the WWE is not the WWF anymore.

My personal favourite wrestler of all time... *drums rollin'*... he is "The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be"... "The Excellence of Execution"... Bert 'The Hitman' Hart!!!!!

Oh right Macho Man, I forgot about thee. A man that needs little introduction and quite possible the greatest export of Her Majesty in the great 80's, "Macho Man" Randy Savage (born Randall Mario Poffo).

Who can forgot the British anthem as Macho Man stroved out waving a flag of the Union Jack? Or Randy Savage on the top turnbuckle, both arms straight in the air, poised for a Diving Elbow Drop? And his ever present wife, the beautiful Miss Elizabeth, always handy for the ever useful "distraction".
Career Highlights:

WCW World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
WCW World War 3 (1995)
King of Cable Tournament (1995)

WWF Championship (2 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
King of the Ring (1987)
Match of the Year (1987) vs. Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania III
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1988) - Yah!
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1989) - Oh how the tides can turn in wrestling!

~R.I.P~
"Macho Man" Randy Savage (November 15, 1952 – May 20, 2011)
Elizabeth Ann Hulette (November 19, 1960 – May 1, 2003)

OOOooooohhhhh Yyyyeeeaaaahhhh!!!!!!!

guinness

Re: R.I.P.

#2 Post by guinness »

This shows what a great rapper he could have been!
Epic Rap Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rE0-ek6MZA

ChemZ

Re: R.I.P.

#3 Post by ChemZ »

This shows what a great rapper he could have been!
Epic Rap Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rE0-ek6MZA
That was FANTASIC! :D