Screenpresso v 1.2.3

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

Screenpresso v 1.2.3

#1 Post by JohnW » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:07 am

For some inexplicable reason I am Baas has not posted this software!!! Gives me a rare opportunity.

Screenpresso overrides the Print Screen key and enables quality screen captures in a few seconds.

It does require Microsoft .NET Framework but this does not seem to be an issue now.
It is stated to be portable; I have not verified this.

Just a few details may be useful ...

It captures part of the screen or a specific window with the same shortcut.
Shots can be saved as a history; can be attached to emails directly

It also includes a built-in image editor for crops, spotlights, special effects or comments.
Particularly useful is a stitching mechanism for large screens

The software is available on ...

Code: Select all

http://www.screenpresso.com/
You will see that a pro version (shareware) is available but the free version is quite impressive.

Wolfghost

Re: Screenpresso v 1.2.3

#2 Post by Wolfghost » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 pm

JohnW wrote:For some inexplicable reason I am Baas has not posted this software!!! Gives me a rare opportunity.
:lol:

webfork

#3 Post by webfork » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 am

JohnW wrote:It does require Microsoft .NET Framework but this does not seem to be an issue now.
While it remains an issue for some users who test software for portability, we are officially accepting .NET programs into the database.
JohnW wrote:It is stated to be portable; I have not verified this.
Right away I can see it writes settings to AppData. Also, although it can be changed, it writes temp files by default to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Pictures\Screenpresso\
JohnW wrote:You will see that a pro version (shareware) is available but the free version is quite impressive.
This program really is amazing. Tons of features including some of the best video screen capture tools and options I've seen anywhere. Free version has on a few things the full version doesn't, minus branding. http://www.screenpresso.com/features.html
Last edited by webfork on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: (fixing bad syntax)

JohnW

#4 Post by JohnW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:06 am

Thanks webfork for a useful response.
I contacted Screenpresso over the issue of settings.

The correspondence is still ongoing but they did state ...
Screenpresso automatically switches to portable mode when it is stored on a removable drive (a USB key for instance).
I found that quite interesting.
Although I am not a tester of the stature of say youself or I am Baas, on the occasions that I do test I am NOT using a removable drive. Shows how ignorant I am - I hadn't realised that portable apps detected the type of media.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 am

JohnW wrote:Thanks webfork for a useful response.
I contacted Screenpresso over the issue of settings.

Screenpresso automatically switches to portable mode when it is stored on a removable drive (a USB key for instance).
I didn't try moving it to an external drive. I tend to use portable software on the host drive (usually copy it over before use) rather than directly of an external device, so this definitely wouldn't run portable for my purposes. I am pleased the developer tried to enable that kind of functionality and I hope your conversation yields a capability to write settings to the app directory.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 pm

JohnW wrote:I contacted Screenpresso over the issue of settings.

I found that quite interesting.
Well, version 1.2.4 has a "run" button next to its install button and their website lists a 'no install' capability. I'm quite sure that wasn't there in 1.2.3. Any idea if the AppData stuff got cleared up?

Edit: Settings aren't saved in AppData or the application folder, so I'm guessing they're going into the registry. Either way, doesn't look portable.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

Version 1.2.4.10 is out

From
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... esso.shtml

Changes include
* Added portable mode command line argument

... but still requires dotNET 3.5.

Edit: also, I'm a little disappointed with the program. It really can't do a lot of the window capture stuff that PicPick and even FastStone Capture can do. That said, it can still do video and has a lot of cool capabilities in that area.