Problems with Universal Extractor 1.41

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
banana_1

Problems with Universal Extractor 1.41

#1 Post by banana_1 »

Hi everyone , has any of u encoutered any probs lately using Univewrsal Extractor ? I can't seem to open progs any more Winamp or others. Just wondering if it's only happening to me (it all started when i updated Windows Installer).

Cheers :roll:

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

It's noted in TPFC description that this version of Universal Extractor has introduced some bugs. So no, you're not the only one.

banana_1

#3 Post by banana_1 »

But when i go back to version 1.31 the problem remains...with that same version i usead to do lotsa things and now it's not woirking...doh.

Zach Thibeau

hmmm

#4 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I used the latest and I had no problem with it at all

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

Check out the comments for Universal Extractor. In particular, these might be helpful:
Andrew Lee: From the source: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=62418

"A few people have reported an issue with version 1.4.1 that prevents it from extracting any archives. I recommend that you do not upgrade to version 1.4.1 at this time. It may be a few days before I'm able to fix the problem and release a new version, so please continue to use 1.4 or 1.3.1 for now. I'll post another note once I've had a chance to fully investigate." [2006-11-24 11:36]
hlomzik: Yeah!
Author fix this problem! Temporary link for .exe file (replace your original file) are
http://www.legroom.net/~jbreland/transf ... xtract.exe
It's work correctly! [2006-11-26 16:46]
In particular, an error occurs for the original 1.4.1 only if you try to use the [...] button to open a file for extraction, but not when you use drag-and-drop.

banana_1

#6 Post by banana_1 »

Version 1.42 works fine.
Thx